African American Weddings

FOR REAL?! This chick is crazy.

FI's ex-wife is around every other weekend to pick up their girls. We have them all week, every week. She and FI mostly get along, they talk, and are friendly, and she calls him for relationship advice (about the guy she cheated on him with, no less), but he doesn't respect her much because she's flaky.

I don't respect her at all as a mother because she promises the girls the world and NEVER delivers. This is why they live with us. I have picked up her slack since the day I met FI.

She called FI yesterday and was like, "the wedding is in 2wks, when are you going to send out invites?" When FI told her they already went out she said, "where's mine?" Apparently, FI explained to her that she wasn't invited and that he was surprised that she even asked because if SHE got married he damn sure wouldn't be there. So she burst into tears, went off on him, then hung up.

WHAT?! She really thought she was going to be invited to our wedding?
11.13.2010 = BEST DAY EVER!!!
Married Bio

Re: FOR REAL?! This chick is crazy.

• tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL! That's funny. She needs to grab a seat!
  • edited December 2011
    Okay I am assuming that she thinks she would get the invite because their girls are in the wedding am I right? Is that the reason why she expected the invite?

I am guessing this only because my girls father is coming to our wedding but not to the reception. I invited him for that same reason. Just so he can see the girls walk and other then that if he wanted to dip, that's cool too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    This is not Demi Moore and Bruce Willis, tell her to go somewhere!

Get your Pregnancy Tickers

Baby Gender Predictor

• edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: FOR REAL?! This chick is crazy.:]This is not Demi Moore and Bruce Willis, tell her to go somewhere!
    Posted by mahoganieyes

Exactly!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    The chick has lost it!
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_real-this-chick-crazy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:2f6530d8-bc13-41de-9c8a-381950c15244Post:beac8aae-372a-4e79-9cb7-d47f54c6455c">Re: FOR REAL?! This chick is crazy.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Okay I am assuming that she thinks she would get the invite because their girls are in the wedding am I right? Is that the reason why she expected the invite? I am guessing this only because my girls father is coming to our wedding but not to the reception. I invited him for that same reason. Just so he can see the girls walk and other then that if he wanted to dip, that's cool too.
    Posted by prettymami2[/QUOTE]

We're getting married privately on the beach. It will be us, our kids, our pastor, and our very best friends as witnesses. The "crowd" will come later, we've invited nearly 50 of our very closest friends and family to a reception/late lunch afterwards. The girls are 17 and 15. My son is 5 and his dad is not coming, nor was he invited.

FI's mom thinks she flipped because she's realized that there is no chance of them getting back together - even though she's in and out of her relationship, even though it's been nearly 10yrs since they were together, even though FI and I have been together for 4yrs - she says that the ex could hold on to the thought of them being together again as long as neither of them was married.
    11.13.2010 = BEST DAY EVER!!!
    Married Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Oh okay that clears up alot and I thought the kids were young. They are extra grown up. My girls are only 9 so that does make the difference. Now I got you and you are so right as long as they both weren't married then she may have been holding on to that small glimpse of hope. Poor thing...Oh well carry on she will be alright.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tell her to go lay down seriously she needs help!
  • edited December 2011
    i have 3 words for that.....BI...PO...LAR!!!!!!! (BIPOLAR)
  • edited December 2011
    1st of all- Kuddos to you for stepping up to the plate and being a "mom" to these girls. My DH is that to my kids and I can only imagine -it can't be easy to love and care for someone else's children.

As for her expectations - she has gone too far and because everything seems so friendly, she doesn't realize that there are boundries.

My DH is close to my ex. One time they spent hours on the phone (they are both obsessed with fixing cars) and I was like "Damn, why don't you just go ahead and invite my ex to the wedding while you're at it?" But my DH knows that would be crosssing the line. Likewise, I would never expect to be invited to his wedding.
    218806_0122 - Copy2011-10-239513.10.15 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    No...VERY crazy... a mess.
  • TNMurrayTNMurray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You are scaring me, I hope FI baby mom does not expect to be invited, although I don't put it pass her. My mom asked me this week if I was inviting an ex, I asked her if my dad was invited to her wedding that was last week and thats how she got her answer. These chicks are crazy.
  • edited December 2011
    I dont know what it is in an ex's brain. DH's ex-wife kept saying that she wanted to come because she knew it was going to be a party. We went to pick up his daughter and she kept asking if she was going to be invited. Neither one of us answered. She called him on the phone and asked why I never answered her. He told her its because I dont respond to stupid questions. LOL. These chicks really are crazy.
    Photobucket www.mywedding.com/malcolmandkiaforever http://aawbrides.weebly.com/
  • edited December 2011
    Wow!!!! That chick has completely lost it! But in the end you got the man and he has the greatest gift in you! So don't let her bother you and even sweat for a second! Poor thing! I feel bad for her... she thought she still had a chance! She didn't understand that you already got that on lock! lol... You should just pray for her and keep it moving.

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • happe2getherhappe2gether member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WOW!  That is something else. She's crazy and the advice you got about her holding on was a great point.  

I can assure you my EX will not be coming to our wedding.  We don't have the best relationship and I try to keep it mainly about the kids, so when he found out recently that I had moved on, he was not happy. Me being engaged is on a need to know basis and he does not need to know.  We had some major issues during our marriage so I keep my private live, private.  

80 said yes image
  • edited December 2011
    She is crazy. LOL. She would only be there to critique and judge anyway. I would just smile and go on with my day. Ha! Now I have officially heard it all! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards