Canada-Ontario
Options

Quality or Price when booking Wedding Vendors?

Another debate I had with my parents. They say Quality and I say Price.

For my upcoming wedding... I want it ALL. Is that impossible to have BOTH !

So if you are searching for a Vendor is your decision more quality based or price based ? Is it all about staying on budget or is it about having the best money can buy at your wedding ?

I argued that you can get both if you have someone who is a professional helping you who knows what things should cost ! Anyone have any other opinions ?

HELP me PROVE a point to my Parents !!!!

Re: Quality or Price when booking Wedding Vendors?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I guess that depends on how big a cut you're talking about talking in quality? And on what items?

Food I would take quality first.

What else are we talking about here...can you offer examples?
  • Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sometimes it's possible to have both just because higher price does not necessarily mean higher quality.

Sometimes you really do get what you pay for. Photographers often (but not always) fit this bill.

Don't always trust a professional who is looking to make money off you to get you the best possible price. For example, a wedding planner may have partnerships with other vendors and a goal of bringing them a certain amount of business. Always do your own research.

As with everything else in life... it's all about balance. We saved on the things that weren't important to us (DJ, my dress, flowers) so that we could splurge on the things that were important (food, video).

I wanted the best that money could buy... within the amount of money I had. So I guess I tried to look only at options within my budget, and get the best I could. And whoever is paying gets to make that call. If you're paying, don't let your parents bully you into spending more than you can afford. If they're paying, let them spend whatever they want!
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    unplainjaneunplainjane member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i say figure out what's most important to you. for us it was food and venue. we wanted the best so most of our budget is going to that. so our budget for everything else went down. for example we are using a cheaper photographer (but as ring pop said be careful about cheap photographers. we are using one that was recommended by 2 friends), budget for my dress went down, and we are doing diy invitations and flowers, etc. wanting it all is difficult on the budget : )
  • Options
    APW2010APW2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We set our budget and stuck to it, and then picked the best quality that stuck to the budget. But sometimes by changing other things, you can get both (for example, in the city you may not be able to get quality & low cost for your reception, but going out of the city a little you can have both). So with the right flexibility and creativity (and bargaining skills), you can do it.

And of course, we did go over budget on a few items that were most important to us - wedding bands were one example since we are going to be wearing them every day for the rest of our lives.
  • Options
    Beads921Beads921 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would go for the best quality you can afford. It will get a bit ridiculous to go best of the best on everything, and really, no one is going to notice minor details. Like PPs said, pick a few things that you want to be of the best quality, and budget the rest around that. You really can have it all, you just have to be smart about it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it's a bit of both... but it's also how you feel with them and also do they have the same style as you have or want to have. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards