• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
New York-Long Island

Budget Friendly Long Island Bridal Shower

Any suggestions for nice, but different, bridal shower locations that aren't too hard on the wallet?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Budget Friendly Long Island Bridal Shower

• Tess0307Tess0307 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2012
    Any suggestions for nice, but different, bridal shower locations that aren't too hard on the wallet?

Thanks in advance!
  • HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    5000 Comments Sixth Anniversary 500 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2012
    Try posting this on your local board.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My shower was held in my parents' backyard.  I think the entire thing, including table and chair rentals, a tent rental, decor, and food for the 35 or so guests, cost my mom around $1200 or so.  What's going to make it unique is the people who are there to celebrate with you and the fact that it's yours.  You don't need a location to make a shower "special."

Also, "unique" is pretty rare on Long Island - most places are clones of other places - so when you do stumble across the occasional "unique" location, it generally costs an arm and a leg.
    image my to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • We used John Harvards in Lake Grove. Loved it. Casual but still out! :) Awesome food!!
  • when my mom and MOH asked what I wanted the only thing i said was 'not in a restaurant mid-day like every other shower is'.
    we threw around the idea of a dinner shower, etc.. and ultimately had it in my grandma's back yard. it was perfect. some catered food, a champagne and wine bar, people could stay as long as they want etc...

• I had mine at Patty's Loft in Massapequa. Very relaxed, great food and drink and from what I know was reasonable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards