Oklahoma

Has anyone used/heard of Epic Photo out of Tulsa?

I got a call from Epic Photo yesterday, which I don't necessarily remember giving my number to, but these days I'm giving it right and left. After talking to him and looking at their website, it seems too good to be true. There's not much online besides their website, so I just don't know if it is true or not.

Is this a good idea? He said we could figure everything out on the phone- no need to drive up there (and there'd be no extra charge for coming to OKC for the wedding). Does this sound like a scam?
Anniversary

Re: Has anyone used/heard of Epic Photo out of Tulsa?

• JustGLAMOURJustGLAMOUR member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I personally would not do it. If you're still looking for a photographer check out these three:

• edited December 2011
    I ran into them at a Bridal Show and they were VERY pushy...FI gave them his phone number because we were actually looking for a photgrapher at the time, and they were the same way on the phone...also, apparently they have a bunch of different photgraphers and just send out whoever is available or something...we told them we wanted somebody we were comfortable with and they said "oh...well we could let you choose" so idk...we went with Art and Soul by Angel Porch....LOVE LOVE LOVE her! http://www.angelporchphotography.com/

Having said all that, seems like I read a good review of epic somewhere a couple days ago? If I find it, I'll repost.
    Anniversary
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Cocktail:White Russian
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    On the third page of this board there is a thread about Epic with a couple of good reviews...if there's a way to link to it, idk it, sorry.
    Anniversary
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011

We are using Epic. We have been impressed with the company so far. They didn't seem pushy. Just very energetic and wanting to make sure we got the package we wanted. We liked that you get the photographer the whole day unlike many other places who charge by the hour. You also get the rights to all your photographs and they will edit them as many times as you want until you are satisfied. We were told that the photog we have for our engagement pics will be the same person doing our wedding. The FI and I will be taking engagement pics the first week of June so I will try to post on here how that went. Also, they are based out of TX so that may be why there isn't a lot of information on them.  We also discovered that their photographers go down to TX for several weeks to train before they are allowed to shoot any events.

• edited December 2011
    I personally would DEF wanna meet the photographer before hand.  What if you aren't comfortable with the person.  Or have a personality clash. 

Just throwing this out there Kara D Photography is awesome to work with and awesome prices. So is Allan Ball 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oklahoma_anyone-usedheard-of-epic-photo-out-of-tulsa?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:127Discussion:d80f7f2c-f20d-4d12-bfba-c32e757b8e68Post:7d7507b0-82ed-4675-9436-f0ebe353ca05">Re: Has anyone used/heard of Epic Photo out of Tulsa?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I ran into them at a Bridal Show and they were VERY pushy...FI gave them his phone number because we were actually looking for a photgrapher at the time, and they were the same way on the phone...also, apparently they have a bunch of different photgraphers and just send out whoever is available or something...we told them we wanted somebody we were comfortable with and they said "oh...well we could let you choose" so idk...<strong><font color="#0000ff">we went with Art and Soul by Angel Porch....LOVE LOVE LOVE her! </font></strong><a href="http://www.angelporchphotography.com/" rel='nofollow'>http://www.angelporchphotography.com/</a> Having said all that, seems like I read a good review of epic somewhere a couple days ago? If I find it, I'll repost.
    Posted by carasad[/QUOTE]

I'm using Angel too, she is AMAZING!!!  She's already done fam pics of one of my bridesmaids and an Easter mini with my nieces.  I cannot say enough good things about her!  Have you had e-pics done with her yet?
    Photobucket
    December PS Sig Challenge - RINGS! Anniversary
  • Johns13Johns13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Epic. So is one of my friends. I live in Tulsa, and they are traveling 4 hours to photograph my wedding without travel fees! :) and they have a quick turn around time!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oklahoma_anyone-usedheard-of-epic-photo-out-of-tulsa?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:127Discussion:d80f7f2c-f20d-4d12-bfba-c32e757b8e68Post:205528d0-8128-4f80-985b-96a8ad281633">Re: Has anyone used/heard of Epic Photo out of Tulsa?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Has anyone used/heard of Epic Photo out of Tulsa? : I'm using Angel too, she is AMAZING!!!  She's already done fam pics of one of my bridesmaids and an Easter mini with my nieces.  I cannot say enough good things about her!  Have you had e-pics done with her yet?
    Posted by brandif1026[/QUOTE]
    I haven't yet, but I am DEFINTELY already shopping for some fun new things to wear for them :) When I found her, I just looked and looked through her blog until there was nothing else to look at. And then after we met her, we KNEW she was perfect...she's SO laid back and casual but also super talented :)
    Anniversary
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    You sound just like me!  I didn't even meet with any other photographers.  As soon as I saw her work I knew right then that I wanted her.  And we had to reschedule meeting her so many times because of the weather so I was so afraid somebody was going to book her before I got to, luckily she saved the date for us though.  We are having e-pics done on the 17th in the Paseo, I can't wait!!
    Photobucket
    December PS Sig Challenge - RINGS! Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I know! I didn't meet with anyone else either, but I had emailed some people before I found her. I cancelled those!  We had to reschedule our meeting frequently too because we were OOT a lot. She was so sweet about saving the date for us until we could get there. I hope your e-pics go great!! I'm sure they will :)
    Anniversary
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I haven't heard great things about them. I would check out
    www.amandagracephoto.com
    She's a friend of a friend and just starting out. I really like her stuff :) She's definitely doing my wedding!
  • maegannmaegann member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im using them! We got them for an amazing price, and i dont think they are pushy, but so far they have done my engagement pictures and they went through with us on our personality and photo style we wanted and paired us up with an AMAZING photographer that matched us perfectly. They have been there every time ive called with questions or concerns. They have a bigger branch in Dallas that they just expanded to tulsa from, so thats why they dont have much info, they are fairly new to tulsa but they are doing great! I love them so far.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards