Offbeat Weddings

Friday the 13th wedding date

I couldn't decide where to put this, but I thought this was the best board. 

In looking at slightly overpriced venues I am in love with, I asked today if we could get a discount for Friday the 13th. This particular vendor came back with some pretty good deals & I think I could bring them down even further. I don't think we could afford this place without the discount she gave us. I am not superstitious and no one in our family is against it, but my fiance is still a little unsure. It's just a date & it won't be Friday the 13th every year, soooooo....

Would you get married on Friday the 13th if you got a good deal??? Could the deal expand into photographers, flowers, etc too???
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Friday the 13th wedding date

• You're probably getting deals for having a Friday wedding in general. If you're not having a Saturday wedding you can normally get some good deals on vendors. You could ask if they would give you the same deal for a different Friday if you're a little worried. 

• I was born on Friday the 13th.  If a Friday the 13th was available in the season in which I wanted to get married, I would have gotten married on Friday the 13th.   It does not hurt to ask for any discount; but always be prepared for the answer to be "no".
  • I'm a friday the 13th bride!  So far we've gotten great deals and no issues in booking with vendors, however we are getting married in the "off season" or April.  Just tell them your budget and have them work with you,  As long as youre friendly and understanding of their business costs you should be okay.  Best of luck and happy planning!
    "All I want is for you to be happy And, take this woman and make you my family And, finally you have found someone perfect And, finally you have found Yourself." -RHCP image
  • Friday deals are better than Saturday prices! I'd go for it.

I've always found that Friday the 13ths are my luckiest/best days anyways...!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I agree with PP that it's probably a Friday discount, rather than a Friday the 13th discount, so you might want to check on other Friday dates. That being said, it seems like everything is either good luck or bad luck in some culture, so go for it if that's a good date for you!
  • Yes, go for it!  I think it's cool to have that as a date!  On a personal note, my fiance was born on Friday the 13th and it was the EXACT day/year that my parents got engaged!  My parents still go out for dinner every time a Friday the 13th comes up to "celebrate" their engagement/marriage/relationship.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_offbeat-weddings_friday-13th-wedding-date?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:43453af6-2ee4-412a-99fb-cbb447240911Discussion:d2bf4bb5-344d-4eaf-9ab1-9421a60c7b51Post:dd8520cc-f857-4d4e-ae29-37f22699bc8a">Re: Friday the 13th wedding date</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes, go for it!  I think it's cool to have that as a date!  On a personal note, my fiance was born on Friday the 13th and it was the EXACT day/year that my parents got engaged!  <strong>My parents still go out for dinner every time a Friday the 13th comes up to "celebrate" their engagement/marriage/relationship.</strong>
    Posted by rungirl12[/QUOTE]
    okay, that's cute. <div>
    </div><div>Yes, unless you're a really superstitious person, I'd say go for it. In my area, no one offered a discount for Fridays, but I did look into and would have done it if it saved me some money. </div>
  • i will be a friday the 13th bride too!  my fiance and i had a range of dates in mind and as we began narrowing them down we realized that friday the 13th was going to be the best option for us.  we worried about the superstition for about 10 seconds then decided to just go with it.  many of our friends have told us that it makes the date easy for them to remember!  we also had one friend already tell us that he will be unable to attend our wedding because he is groomsman in ANOTHER wedding that is also on that friday the 13th, so i guess it's not as uncommon as we originally thought. 

p.s. love the idea of celebrating a little every friday the 13th after the wedding.  so cute :)
  • My daughter also was born on a Friday the 13th and she has chosen Friday, September 13, 2013 as her wedding date.  She has always considered 13 her favorite/lucky number!
    imageAnniversary
  • I also think Friday the 13th is a great date!  Although I think getting Friday/Sunday discounts differs based on where you live and the vendors you're dealing with.  For us, we considered a local wedding before ultimately deciding on a DW, and my thought was to have a Friday wedding, but a lot the vendors said that since they only do one wedding a weekend so even though we were having a Friday wedding, they wouldn't discount it since they wouldn't book a Saturday or Sunday wedding with a Friday wedding.  Of course some vendors, like venues, will discount since it would otherwise mean an empty building.  So, either way, you'll still save some money!

Janine & Cody | Georgetown, Grand Cayman | Feb. 28th, 2012

Surprise BFP | Baby Due Late July/Early August 2013

Pregnancy Ticker

I believe in a lot of things. I believe in fresh tennis balls, the healing power of bunnies, and that the novels of Susan Sontag are something I'll never read. In fact, I don't even know who Susan Sontag is. What is she... like... a painter? I believe in Crystal Lite because I believe in ME. I believe in the movies of Val Kilmer, though these days it ain't so easy. I believe in Darren Sproles, the word "dabble", the first season of "Silk Stockings", and big, warm, moist, gooey chocolate chip cookies that melt in your mouth and all over your face.

• We had our engagement party on Friday 13th and would happily get married on it too. There was a running joke that something would go wrong and nothing did, it wast the smoothest party we've ever hosted! Go for it ... Th saying is that friday 13th is unlucky for some, thats not everyone and it's a date people will remember!
  • I am so glad I found your post and everyone's responses to this. I am newly engaged and really want to have a December wedding next year in 2013. My fiance and I thought about Friday the 13th and after reading these responses I think we are going to go for it! :):):) 
  • I know this is a little late but I'm doing Friday, June 13th 2014 :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards