Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Bachlorette Party Drama

I have two maids of honor, and I assumed they would be in charge of the bachlorette party (and so did they) they have included my other two bridesmaids in the planning, by asking them to do specific things to contribute. The two bridesmaid are very upset now because they feel "left out" because they werent asked about some of the decisions that have been made. Is it their right to be upset? Should the bridesmaids be included in every detail of the planning? Or is the party ultimately the responsibility of the MOHs? TIA for your input, I am just so stressed out because they cant seem to get along at all!

Re: Bachlorette Party Drama

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Planning the bachlorette is the job of teh hostess or hostesses. Nobody has to do it . However when the MOHs asked the BM to start helping cohostess they got the help and assistence of the Bm but they also had the BM become cohostesses and as such deserve equal say and input. So yes your MOHs should invclude the BM in the decision making particularly as this is going to require the money or energy of the BM.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No one is required or supposed to throw a party. When someone decides to (as it seems your MOHs have) they are the party host. They are then responsible for planning and paying. If they ask someone to co-host, then yes, the co-hosts should be included in planning. If they choose not to ask anyone to co-host, then they don't have to. Basically, if they are asking the BMs to throw in $, then they need to include the BMs in planning. If they are covering it themselves, the BMs have no place. There is no BM or MOH duty or responsibility to host any party. Of course, as the bride, none of this is any of your business. You shouldn't be involved in planning any pre-wedding parties other than to help select and date and to pass on a guest list.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I too agree with what everyone is posting. I think the BM and the MOH and anyone else who is your friend and will be attending has the right to input some ideas and help contribute to your bachlorette party! If the MOH is asking the BM to contribute then they should have a say in it as well! If they have ideas the MOH should respect it. They shouldnt be stressing you out with this stuff. You have enough to do. This should be a happy fun suprise day for you, not a stressful one! Tell them to quit fighting and be adults!Good Luck and I hope you have a fun bachlorette!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My sister is the Maid Of Honor for my wedding and she has already told me that she is taking me to a strip club. I have two bridesmaids I already told them about it they do not seem to be mad about it however, I have never been to a strip club before and I heard "The Cave" down in Philadelphia PA is not the best strip club! (That is where my sister wants to take us all) Also, who should be paying for this!!! just my sister or my sister and the two bridesmaids???
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also, I am feeling hesitant about going to a strip club I do not want some guy sticking his junk in my face!!! do they do this in a strip club??? Is there any other suggestions for a bachelorette party?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Carecare, I definitely feel you on not wanting strippers at your party. I don't want any other penises flapping around then the one I'm about to marry!

Haha, but anyway. Try a spa day, or go out for high tea or dinner and drinks, dancing, or even just to a particular place you love to go, like a museum or park etc with a lunch included. Truly, what is the point of the party? To celebrate YOU. So you should do whatever makes you happy.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards