Wisconsin

Moderator Introduction!

Hi ladies, my name is Missie and I'm getting married in Racine on May 28, 2011. 

Now that the board has picked up, Knottie Annie and I decided this board needed a moderator.   I'm here to answer any questions you have and also to help keep the board a fun place to post. 

If you need me for anything, please feel free to page me by starting a thread with ***msteph82*** or ***missie*** as the title. 

Tell me more about yourself & your fiance! How did you meet? What are your colors? How did he pop the question?  Where are you getting married?  When?  How far are you in your planning?  You and FI's first names?

Welcome to the Wisconsin board and HAPPY PLANNING!
~ Missie

Welcome Baby Grace to the world! (via emergency c-section @ 38w2d)
2/24/12 12:03pm 5lbs, 9oz Birth Story
imageimageimage
image image image
Linky--> EP FB Group - March '12 FB Group <---Linky </b>

Re: Moderator Introduction!

• edited December 2011
    Tell me more about yourself & your fiance!
    DF and I live in Hartland.  I am in nursing school and he is an assistant superentendent at a private golf course.  We enjoy golfing when it's nice and he enjoys ice fishing when it's not nice.  I enjoy occasionally going ice fishing with him but HATE being cold.
     How did you meet?
    Oddly enough we met on myspace.  We had a mutual friend and he messaged me wishing me a merry christmas and the rest is history.
     What are your colors?
    eveyone calls it Amanda green but it's more like lime green
     How did he pop the question?
    We were eating chinese food at home and when I opened my fortune cooking it said "will you marry me"  I was so blown away I thought it was a joke... since we eat chinese food all the time.
     Where are you getting married?
    Dousman Community Center
      When?
    May 12, 2012
      How far are you in your planning?
    Were just getting the ball rolling.  We have a guest list, a budget,  venue and working on a church.  The other things will fall into palce.
      You and FI's first names?
    Amanda and Jered! 
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Missie! It is great to meet you!

I am Katy and am from Oshkosh. I am getting married on June 25, 2011. My FI and I met on eHarmony about a year and a half ago. He and I have both been married before and I have a son from my first marriage. We are huge Brewers fans, so we are having a baseball themed reception. Our colors and black, white and apple red. We also have a black and white damask pattern that will be on the table runners and throughout the venue. We are getting married at The Medina Wedding Chapel and will be having a reception for 150-175 guests at Trolley Square Waterfront Banquets (Pullmans) in Appleton. I am a CSR in the publishing business and my FI is in his 12th year with the Army. We are just about finished with the major wedding planning. I just booked our florist today, which only leaves a DJ to book yet. I am having a hard time stomaching paying over a grand for one. Ugh.  
    imagePhotobucket image
    [IMG]http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab70/katyj25/Uni8.jpg[/IMG]
    *TTC since 10/09. Last Depo 7/09
    *Me-31 DH-32
    *HSG and all bloodwork 11/11 all clear
    *50 mg Clomid/trigger/IUI #1 2/18/12, 1 scrambled egg @ 28mm, DH 111 mil. post wash! = BFFN :(
    *The wait is finally over! My husband is home! Deployments suck!
    *7-8/12 - surprise BFP! Beta came in at 2, confirmed CP.
    *8-9/12 - 50 mg Clomid/trigger/TI/prog., 1 follie @ 22mm = BFN
    *9/12 - Femara/estradoil/TI = cycle cancelled, poor response
    *10/12 - Femara/Follistim/Trigger/IUI #2 = Triggered, but cancelled IUI and changed to TI due to poor response = BFN
    *12/12 - cancelled and on BCP due to 2 large cysts found
    *1/13 - Follistim/Ovidrel/Progesterone/IUI #2 = BFP!!! EDD 10/16/13
    Beta #1 - 18, progesterone 37.5, Beta #2 - 29, Beta #3 - 27
    FU IF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    *2/13 Switched REs and IUI #3 is pending for March.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    My Blog: When things go wrong
  • msteph82msteph82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome ladies!  Katy - I will PM you the contact information for an awesome DJ! And he's well under a grand!
    ~ Missie

imageimageimage
    image image image
  • edited December 2011
    Fabulous! Thanks Missie!
    imagePhotobucket image
    [IMG]http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab70/katyj25/Uni8.jpg[/IMG]
    *TTC since 10/09. Last Depo 7/09
    *Me-31 DH-32
    *HSG and all bloodwork 11/11 all clear
    *50 mg Clomid/trigger/IUI #1 2/18/12, 1 scrambled egg @ 28mm, DH 111 mil. post wash! = BFFN :(
    *The wait is finally over! My husband is home! Deployments suck!
    *7-8/12 - surprise BFP! Beta came in at 2, confirmed CP.
    *8-9/12 - 50 mg Clomid/trigger/TI/prog., 1 follie @ 22mm = BFN
    *9/12 - Femara/estradoil/TI = cycle cancelled, poor response
    *10/12 - Femara/Follistim/Trigger/IUI #2 = Triggered, but cancelled IUI and changed to TI due to poor response = BFN
    *12/12 - cancelled and on BCP due to 2 large cysts found
    *1/13 - Follistim/Ovidrel/Progesterone/IUI #2 = BFP!!! EDD 10/16/13
    Beta #1 - 18, progesterone 37.5, Beta #2 - 29, Beta #3 - 27
    FU IF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    *2/13 Switched REs and IUI #3 is pending for March.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    My Blog: When things go wrong
  • edited December 2011

We live in Stoughton (where I grew up). I graduated from UW Whitewater in 08 and he is doing a fire sprinkler apprenticeship now. We both are family people and love spending time with our family and friends. We enjoy going to Darlington and going four wheeling when we have time and camping. We are both very busy people with conflicting schedules (he works days, I work nights) so we love spending any time we can together.

How did you meet?

We met through a mutual friend my senior year of hs. He went to Oregon HS (which is considered a rival of Stoughton) and had graduated the year before. My friend and I were bored one night so I called up my friend from Oregon and asked what he was doing that night. Him and a diff friend were driving to Chicago to pick up a car he was purchasing so we tagged along. My FI met up with us when we got back and the rest is history. We actually celebrated our 7 yr anniversary today :)

What are your colors?

Blue, Silver and White 

Funny Story. I have a rotating schedule so I only get weekends off every few months. I know some schedule a year in advance so one night last spring I was figuring out my schedule for the next year and saw that I would be off weekends this May. We had been talking of getting married for quite a while so I joked and said I am off weekends in May this year. On May 18, 2010, I got home from work in the AM and went to bed for a few hours. Our friend that was living with us at the time and him went to run errands so I could sleep. I had ordered some stuff from David's Bridal because it was on clearance and it happened to come that day. They had just gotten home not long after I woke up so I asked him to grab the package off the front porch for me. While I was brushing my teeth, he opened the package and threw the ring in there to make it look like it came with. I came out and he asked me to marry him. THe best part was after he asked he left to go fishing. (it's funny if you know how much of a fisherman he is)

Where are you getting married?  When? 

We are getting married on May 7,2011 so in just 108 days!  Ceremony will be at the Agora Pavillion in Fitchburg and the reception will be at the Heights Event Center in Stoughton.

Quite far. All we have left is to finalize the flowers, go pick out tuxes (which we are doing Fri), book wedding night hotel as well as the next night in Chicago, finalize cocktail hr food, finalize cake info, etc. Can't wait to see it all together!

Cassandra and Jesse
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cassandra - do you post over on the May 2011 board?  If not, head over there! The ladies are awesome. 

I love hearing everyone's wedding planning stories. :-)
    ~ Missie

imageimageimage
    image image image
  • edited December 2011
    I do occasionally. I will have to go over to that board and look. How is your wedding planning coming along?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So far, so good until today when we found out we have no pastor to marry us.  We were told by our church that it would be no problem, go ahead and order invitations, and our Pastor became Bishop, so now we have no one to marry us.  We've tried 6 other pastors and no luck. :(
    ~ Missie

imageimageimage
    image image image
  • edited December 2011
    FI and I live in Racine.  I am from Milwaukee and he's from Illinois.  I work as a social worker coordinating services for disabled and elderly individuals.  FI is a graphic designer in the Third Ward - downtown Milwaukee.  We are looking to move to Bayview/downtown/East Side after we get married.  We are huge dog lovers, but our current apartment doesn't allow dogs. :(

How did you meet?
    We met working as Peer Mentors at our college - UW Whitewater.  We didn't really know each other while we worked together.  He noticed me on campus and said hi one day.  It took me a minute to recognize who he was!!

What are your colors?
    Watermelon Pink and Caribbean Blue

We were celebrating 4 years of togetherness, dining at Riversite in Mequon.

Villa Filomena, downtown Milwaukee

When? 
    June 18, 2011 - just under 5 months!!  149 days!! :)

I've gotten just about everything done, except I am in desperate need of finding a reasonably priced limo to get around for pictures before the ceremony.

Jess & Matt
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    i am originally from Milwaukee (south side suburb of St. Francis), and fiance is originally from Flint, MI.  i'm out in PA currently finishing up my master's degree in athletic training while he is in milwaukee looking for a graphic design job.  i'll be moving back to milwaukee in august and it'll be easier to plan---and just in general!  being apart sucks!

How did you meet?
    my sophomore year, his junior year, we met through mutual friends at the dorms i was living at.  he used to casually date my suitemate and frequently borrowed my microwave to make brats for himself and that's how we started talking.  by november of my sophomore year we had kissed and the rest is history.  =)

What are your colors?
    blue and yellow, not quite sure on the shades.

graduation day, after the ceremony we were standing around with the same group of friends from the dorms and our immediate families, taking pictures and congratulating and just celebrating being done.  he had given his camera to our good friend matt and little did i know that matt was actually recording video.  my fiance kept calling my name, and i kept telling him to hold on!  finally he got in front of me, knelt on one knee, and asked me to marry him.  i was stunned and matt got it all on tape.  he said he was planning it for a good 6 months and most of my friends knew.  i'm appreciative they can keep a secret!

i'm not sure yet.  i've been debating about old st. mary's downtown, st. john's cathedral, st. augustines in bay view, or 3 holy women off of brady street on the east side.  i want an older church with character.

When? 
    june 16, 2012.  still got a little time.  =)

not too far.  i've found my dream dress, i've decided on BM's dresses, and we've figured out what the GMs are gonna wear.  we've also decided on our first dance and my processional song.  right now tho, it's still at the "looking for ideas" phase and i'm okay with that.  it's hard to plan long distance and especially harder when your FI isn't too familiar with the area, haha.

chelsea & frank
    "thank you for being mine" -fdm
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    So glad someone is taking over this board! We are planning from Minneapolis so I am always looking here for ideas!

How did you meet?
    We had mutual friends that played softball together and my friends and I would go watch the games in our uniforms- aka miniskirts- with buckets of beer to watch them play.  We didn't start dating until around 2 years later when he showed up at my birthday party and put his number in my phone.  I acted like I didn't see, and called him a week later.

What are your colors?
    Magenta and Charcoal

Very funny story...I was going to go grocery shopping after work, asked FI if he wanted to come and if I should come home first. He said yep, but he was on his way home from the bank.  When he got home, he asked me to come into the bedroom and there was a box on the bed.  I started freaking out and didn't beleive it-He had just picked up the ring and couldn't wait to give it to me.  :)

Church I grew up at in the Racine area. Reception at Lakefront Brewery in Milwaukee. So excited!

When? 
    June 4th 2011....AHHHHHHHHH

Probally not as far as I should be, but I have most everything major done. I just decided to DIY a ton, and since we have been engaged since last March thought I had lots of time....Now with less than 4 1/2 months out things are getting scrapped because my DIY wish list looks a little too long...

Nick and Carrie
    344image 200image 144image 0imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • KatieD212KatieD212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

MSTEPH- talk with the church coordinator, they should be able to set you up with someone!! Thats what ours is doing for us- our priest apparently decided to book another wedding our day!

Jon and I (Katie) have been together 7 years now! I grew up in Green Bay, and moved up to his home town of Sugar Camp (near Eagle River)  to be with him! We have a 4 year old son :)

How did you meet?
    a friend of mine has a cabin in Sugar Camp and met his brother, so she wanted me to meet Jon.  I came up for a house party that weekend, and we've been together ever since

What are your colors?
    deep purple and turquoise

On mothers day 09 I decided to go to GB to surprise my mom.  Sunday morning Jon kept calling to make sure I would be back up north in time for dinner at his moms.  When I got back to the house he grabbed our son and said they needed to get my gift- I heard Peyton throw something when Jon asked him to give it to mama and he yelled NOOO!!! and had a fit, so things didnt go Jons way haha, but he came in with a rose and I thought it was sweet until I realized there was a ring on it and I started to freak!

St Johns Catholic church downtown, reception at Riverside Ballroom

When? 
    April 30th, 2011- in the double digits now!!!!!!

Just getting the invitations addressed, sending them next week!! Doing our marriage prep with the church, and getting some things finalized already....enjoy it, the planning goes so fast!!

Jon and Katie
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Ladies!
      My name is Katie (surprising, right?) I got married June 12, 2010 and hang out mostly on the GIS board but occassionally swing through the WI board just to see if I can be of any help.  DH and I got married in Princeton, WI at St. John's Catholic Church with our reception in tents on Green Lake at my parents' lake home.  If anyone has questions about central WI cakes, flowers, etc, needs help with tent rental, or has questions about Zilli's (our caterer) feel free to ask.  If I don't respond right away, you can page me over at GIS.

To answer the other questions:
      DH and I live in Shorewood, WI (just north of downtown Mke) and I am a grad student working on my PhD in Biophysics.  I'm trying to finish my dissertation in the next month.  DH is an electrical engineer and travels a lot on business.  We met on a blind date set up by mutual friends in April 2008 and were engaged a year later on our 1 year anniversary.

Stay warm!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011

Missie: I am so sorry about that!!! Have you talked to the church to see if they can help you? Are they getting a new pastor anytime soon that could marry you? There has to be something that they can do!! I hope you are able to find someone to marry you!

Jess AKA Browneyedbride7: I went to UWW too. What year did you graduate?

• edited December 2011
    Missie: Good to know I wasn't that far out of the loop.

FI is a Project Manager for a roofing and siding company and also goes to school. I work for an online fashion retailer and also go to school. Will be graduating in Dec!!
    How did you meet?
    FI and I met when we were both out at a club with friends. I happned to run into a girl I hadn't seen in two years and we started talking. Turns out she was out with other people I knew and I started talking to everyone. Met FI and 4 months later we got engaged:)
    What are your colors?
    Indigo and White
    FI can't stand the story of how her proposed! He proposed on a Sat. after getting back from a bach party. They were going to a strip club that I knew a few girls that worked their, so I told them that he was coming in and to show him a good time. Prolly not a thing most GF would do. We met up later that night at a beer tent a few towns away. We were dancing and he asked if I would marry him. I said yes:) He propsed again, with a real ring, the day after Christmas. He loves that story.
    Currently thinking of getting married outside of the reception hall. Lussier Family Hertiage Center.
    When? 
    Have reception hall, photgrapher, baker, florist, STD's(just need to be mailed), DJ, Band, Dress and invitations.
    Becky and Gerald
  • jberg134jberg134 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm an Initial Assessment Social Worker with the Bureau of Milwaukee Child Welfare.  I do complete family assessments when there has been a referral of suspected child abuse/neglect.  Bob works in the meat department at Metro Market in downtown MKE.  He makes all of their sausage.  If you happened to be watching Fox 6's Real Milwaukee program on Friday morning you should have seen him teaching the host how to make chicken/spinich/feta (green and gold!) brats.
    How did you meet?
    We met the first time on July 4, 2009 while volunteering with the Greenfield Jaycees at the Greenfield July 4 event.  A month later he found me on Facebook and we started hanging out as friends.  He always wanted our time together to be a date, but I wasn't ready for that yet.  He was persistant; on Sept. 8 we had our first date and by Dec. he had bought the ring!
    What are your colors?
    Deep purple and orange, with pops of silver.
    It's a very long story that involves three proposals.  The final time he took me on a tour of the places that have meaning in our relationship and proposed at the spot of our first date.
    Ceremony at Immaculate Conception Parish in Bay View.  Reception at the South Shore Yacht Club.
    When? 
    9/3/11
    Church, reception venue, budget, guest list, std's out, dress, bm's dress options, musicians, dj, invites started, priests (family members), card box made, jewerly, most of transportation, salon booked.
    Jen and Bob
    September 2011 Siggy Challange: Honeymoon!
    image 145 Made the cut!
    image 59 Are ready to celebrate! image 23 Are missing out! image 65 Don't know the meaning of RSVP!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    hinkelcl28 - I was there from Sept 04-May 08.  You??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Browneyedbride7- Same time. Majored in Sociology w an emphasis on Criminal Justice.
  • edited December 2011

Hinkel - Super cool!!!  I majored in psychology, minor in social work.  i'm surprised i don't know you somehow!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Browneyedbride7- I know! Surprised we didn't even have some classes together because I did take some psych classes and all. Did you live in the dorms or did you live off campus?

• edited December 2011
    FI is a diesel mechanic, and I'm a student at UWFDL and I work in an elementary school as a "tutor". I've lived in Fond du Lac my whole life, FI grew up in Rosendale on a farm. He used to be in a band up until last summer, he was the frontman.  

How did you meet? 
    We met at The Rave in Milwaukee at a Silverstein concert.

What are your colors? 
    Black, Red, and silver/grey

He wanted to propose at The Rave, then he wanted to propose at the Blink-182 show, but yeah I ruined both surprises. He asked me when we were lying in bed at our old apartment. 

Mount Calvary, ceremony at grandparent's backyard. Reception at Maximillian's.

When?  
    June 25 only a little over 4 months to go. 

Almost done, our checklist is shrinking like crazy! =)

Brittany and Adam (but I call him AJ)
  • edited December 2011
    Hello, ladies! :)

I grew up in Williamstown, NJ (about 30 min outside of Philadelphia), and my fiance was born and raised here in Milwaukee.  I am finishing up my 4th year of my PhD, and my fiance is an eBay administrator for a local music equipment company.

How did you meet?

It sounds a little creepy, but we actually met via Myspace!  I'd never met anyone online before, but something told me I needed to this time.  We met for coffee, and really hit it off!  Luckily, Jason turned out to be a normal human being with an amazing heart and a fantastic family.  I'm super lucky. :)

What are your colors?

Navy, lime, and ivory.

He cooked me a wonderful dinner the night before I was heading home to NJ for a visit, and the ring was tucked inside my napkin!  It was really great to be able to go home and share the good news with my family, especially since I don't get to see them that often.

Where are you getting married?  When? 

We are getting married on May 26, 2012 at the Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts in Brookfield, WI.

We have the venue booked for the ceremony/reception, the photographer (I can't wait for our e-session!), and we've narrowed down caterers to 2.  It's going somewhat smoothly so far, here's to hoping it stays that way!

Gabriella and Jason <3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards