Pennsylvania-Central

Bridesmaids Dresses

I am starting to look for bridesmaids dresses and was wondering if anyone has any advice on what stores to look at, where not to go, etc.  I would be looking in the Harrisburg, Lancaster, York area.

Thanks in advance!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bridesmaids Dresses

• mexrishgirlmexrishgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    David's Bridal has many, but only a few are worth looking at.  I'd check it out online.

Also, one of my bridesmaids really liked the dresses that she saw on jcrew.com.  They are very competitively priced and look like the girls actually might be able to wear them again.  The only thing is, I'm not sure where you would go to actually try them on.

Hope this helps. 
  • leigordleigord member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Alfred Angelo, which is also where I got my dress, so the girls got a $25 off discount.  The AA in Harrisburg has great service.  However I went to the Lancaster store with one of my bridesmaids andi it was pretty terrible service. 

I agree, J. Crew has some really cute dresses that yes, can actually be worn for other events.

Good luck!
  • writergirl28writergirl28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would look at the David's Bridal in York. They have lots of colors, styles, and most importantly, lots of sizes so all of your BMs can try on different styles of dresses and they can see what looks good. If you buy your dress there, you're BMs get a discount too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    along the same lines as J. Crew Ann Taylor has some nice dresses that you could wear for other occasions. if youre not against a trip to King of Prussia they have a large store at the mall that is organized by color and they have a ton of styles and sizes to try on.

good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • amatadeiamatadei member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my gown and BM gowns at Cocoa Couture. If you get your gown there, then there is a discount for your BP.
  • edited December 2011
    We got our Bridemaids Dresses at Simone's Bridal in Hanover.  I had a great experience there and everyone was very helpful (they even priced matched from bestbridalprices.com) so we actually got a 10% discount from all the other bridal stores. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • anm5163anm5163 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually got mine at Express - they are super cute and only cost 80 bucks per girl!
    125 Invitedimage 105 Ready to Partyimage 20 Party Poopersimage 0 MIA image
  • TrishPATrishPA member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    All Classic weddings in Lititz, PA
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards