New Hampshire

Biting the bullet

I have been putting off going to try on my dress. I have not gained weight since I ordered it, but I also haven't lost any. Based on my measurements I was delightfully "between sizes" and of course ordered the size below rather than above.

So I have been stricken with panic for weeks. But I am finally, after much badgering from my mother, going to try it on. My friend and BM who works with me is trying to insist on coming along, but I think I am going to go alone. Once I get over my panic about it not fitting, then I will invite friends to the fittings. Until then, I think I need to go have my nervous breakdown on my own! Haha.

Wish me luck. :-)

Re: Biting the bullet

• edited December 2011
    Aww good luck!! If I were you I would have my mom come along though, for support (unless you're not close). It may go better than you think, but if it is bad you dont want to have a breakdown by yourself... Moms have a way of making you feel better, especially when it comes to self-esteem. I hope it goes well!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks! My mom is up in NH but I actually live in the DC area. She's going to fly down for my first "official" fitting at the start of August, but I know I need to get in there and try the dress on and make sure everything is in order before then. I've just been so nervous!

Knocking on wood that my nervousness is all for nothing.
  • edited December 2011
    I had the same concern a couple of weeks ago.  I hadn't tried my dress on since September and I had my first appointment for alteraltions a few weeks ago, and I was a nervous wreck about the dress not fitting.  I totally get where you are coming from. It's a little scary. It worked out though...my seemstress told me that I actually can't afford to lose any weight! But she assured me that either way it wouldn't have been a problem.
    Just trust in your seemstress..I'm sure it will all work out fine! Good luck! :)
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    It fit! Thank GOD, haha...

It actually was quite snug, more snug than I'd like, so I am still going to focus really strongly on fitness in these last 12 weeks. But at least it zipped and I didn't feel like I was suffocating!

I will post a pic when I go for my first "official" fitting, I only had my blackberry camera with me and the pictures look horrible.

YAY!
  • edited December 2011
    YAY!!! So glad it went well! :)
    Anniversary
  • mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad that it went well!  I find that if I MAKE myself exercise at least 3 times a week and MEASURE every portion of food, it really helps with the weight loss.  I also drink water or water mixed with crystal light drink mix instead of soda and that helps too.
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards