Plus-Sized

Size Issues

Hello Brides!

Our wedding is scheduled for March 16,2013. I know I am looking very early for a dress but I normally wear a 30/32 and I'm a bit freaked out about going to try on wedding dresses. I am going to AA  on the 18th and I am also going to a speciality shop in Sacramento, that specializes in 14-32, but I know they are expensive. My fiancee and I are trying to get married on a 10K budget.

The real fear is- I DON"T want to be freaked out during the trying on process. And yes it is possible that I might lose weight, but my baby is marrying me as I am. I want to take hys breath away and those in the audience!

Re: Size Issues

• **HUGS**

I have seen many women who are your size who look stunning in their dresses.  I am sure you will be beautiful also.  If you are anxious about going in for fittings....go into the store and talk to someone before the appt.  If you are working with someone who you are comfortable with that will help. :) Good luck!
  • I had a great experience with Alfred Angelo, the employees were helpful and friendly and they had a really wide selection of dresses to fit all sizes. The prices were higher than I would personally want to pay, but "reasonable" for wedding dresses. Don't get discouraged, go and have fun! Remember you don't HAVE to buy a dress the first time you go out looking! If you find something you like and you don't like the price, make a note of the designer and the style and look for something online!

• I am the same size you are.  I found that a corset back helped me a lot.  AA has some great dresses.  I had 2 dressed that I loved and one of them was an AA. I ended up going with Mori Lee Julietta 3098.  Take a deep breath it will be fine.  What I loved about have a corset back is that it gave me a figure showed off my waist.  remember to try on anyting that you think you may like.  You will be very surprised even if it is not what you think of yourself wearing.  Mine dress can be wear with no strapes or one shoulder strape and when I starting looking I thought I would wear something with a cap sleeve.  Just keep an open mind you will be just fine.  good luck.
  • Don't get discouraged when trying on dresses. I too was freaked out but just remember they are SAMPLE dresses. They will fit differently than what YOUR dress will. Also starting now is good but remember you have plenty of time to get one. So if you don't find anything now don't freak out just take a deep breath. Also you can still afford your dream dress and your dream wedding on 10K. I did and my wedding is running us about the same price. I have gotten everything I wanted and more.
  • I have an AA.  I LOVE it so flattering. im a size 16 to 18. what i found is that the dress UNDERTHINGS really help. get some great underthings and it will make you look amazing in your dress. but remember it dosent matter if your a size 2 or a size 32 its all in how you wear the dress, wear it with confidence and believe that you are the most beautiful bride and it will show no matter if you are wearing a potato sack or a million dollar gown. good luck and have fun 
  • Thanks all!!

I'm used to wearing full corsets, for emceeing events, I'm just freaked about a wedding dress. I guess if all else fails, I will have a corset dress made!

Thank you! Any additional help on dealing with rude dress helpers?

• Mine is also Alfred Angelo and I agree with the PP's, I had a great experience with them.  I liked that they had a variety of styles, sizes and cover-ups.  Take this first appointments as an opportunity to see what you like and what you don't like on your body but don't feel pressured to buy a dress now.  New styles will be coming out and you never know if your body will chance in the next 6 months. Good luck!
    imageimage
  • I bought my 1st dress from www.igigi.com dresses are between $100 and $500 and very beautiful AND you can return them!!! My Dress that I ordered just didn't look as good on my shorty frame as it on the model lol. Their sizes go up to size 32 so a 6x with them and I think you should take a look! Good luck!!
  • I am well versed in Igigi dresses. I saw their wedding dresses and I guess they just didn't provide the WOW factor, I'm looking for. I own about 12 real steel boned corsets and I love the feel and look of them. I want va voom!! I'm 42 and this will be my one and only wedding. I kow my size but that is not going to stop me from finding "the dress".

I have thought about Igigi for a second dress.
  • I found my dress!!! Thank you all for your sweet thoughts! Its an Alfred Angelo and it came in fit two sizes too small. Its not at all what I thought it was going to be, but omg....I think I look amazing!
    Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards