North Carolina-Outer Banks

Hair/Make-up

Who is everyone using for hair and makeup?? are you having them come to you or visa versa?! what are you finding to be a reasonable price??

Ive been in contact with Bombshell Studio(Amber), what do you ladies know about her??

Re: Hair/Make-up

• edited December 2011
    I'm using Amber.  She has good reviews and another bride from this board sent pictures that looked awesome.  She'll be coming to our rental house.
    06.24.11 OBX, NC
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio
  • mparwulskimparwulski member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm trying to figure this out too.  I've priced Bombshell and All Eyes on the Bride.  They were both $350, but Lauren doesn't do hair.  My problem is there are only 2 of us and that's too much to justify for 2 people.
  • edited December 2011
    mparwulski ...as of right now, its only me!! I'm letting my BM do whatever they want. 
    ms teach...how much are you paying for her to come to your home???
  • edited December 2011
    It's just me a well. I'm staying in Nags Head so it's only costing me $180 for hair and makeup at our house.  It's obviously more than I'd usually spend on hair/make-up, but worth it for our wedding.
    06.24.11 OBX, NC
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio
  • LinGarrett83LinGarrett83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using All Eyes on the Bride for make-up and Sofia Decker for hair.  I've had 2 trials with both and so happy!  They both do amazing work! 
  • edited December 2011
    I had Hair Dimensions come to the house and do all my bridesmaids an mother's hair.  Heathe Clark, owner of Hair Dimensions, also did my makeup.

We went to Hairoics for pedicures and manicures and they have a really nice setup.  I would recommend both salons. 
  • sarahebrownsarahebrown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Bombshell's for my makeup & my 2 BM's makeup. For hair, I'm lucky enough to have a best friend who is an amazing hair stylist, she will be doing our hair for free :)
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I am using It's Royalty Salon & Spa in Manteo....the bridal hair is only $100 :)

• edited December 2011
    I'm using Liza Yowell for makeup and Stacey Sheetz for hair, both in Kill Devil Hills.  I'm going to both of them, only about 2-3 miles from our rental house in northern Nags Head.  They're about $100 each, but that includes both a full-trial and day-of makeup.  

I also emailed Amber with bombshells, but she changed her pricing on me between our first and second emails without explanation from $180 to $250. Also, since it's just me getting hair/makeup I couldn't justify the travel fees.

• lelamarie3lelamarie3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have heard great things about Liza Yowell. Please let me know what you think of her.
  • edited December 2011
    I am going with Liza Yowell and Stacey Sheetz as well. 
    When speaking with Liza she was super nice and (i think) that her prices are affordable (compared to All Eyes on the Bride).
    Both Liza and Stacey are coming to the house.  Our wedding is not until Sept - but will post vendor reviews then.
  • edited December 2011

who are Liza Yowell and Stacey Sheetz associated with? or are they on their own??
    Bombshell's quoted me for $220(just for ME) including the $100 travel fee!!!!! I think it's a little pricey but can't seem to find too many other options bc I want everything done at the event home.

• edited December 2011

Liza Yowell's company is called Body Work by Liza.  Stacey Sheetz is with OBX Hair Designers (both are on the Outer Banks Wedding Association website).  Both have been great to work with and good pricing.
    The one disadvantage is that b/c Liza and Stacey work seperately, I am paying 2 travel fees ($100 for each) plus the cost of services.  So, Bombshells fee isn't too bad considering she does hair and makeup.  Originally, I was going to go with Bombshells but she took quite awhile to return my email/phone call and by the time she called back she said that she was booked for my wedding day.
    That being said, I am really excited to work with Liza and Stacey.  I have trial scheduled with both of them in July.  I can post my reviews after that.

• edited December 2011
    I'm also going with Liza Yowell & Stacey Sheetz for my September wedding!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies!!!! Just waiting to hear final pricing from everyone bc I decide.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Lindsay - I had a great time playing makeup with you during the bridal consultation and I'm so glad you liked the results of airbrush makeup (I LOVE AIRBRUSH). I'm so honored to be a part of your big day! 

• edited December 2011
    Hi brides to be! Congrats! My name is Lauren Gurski and I am a professional makeup artist here on the OBX. I specialize in traveling to you (no stress, no traffic, sit back and relax like Oprah - enjoy your big day). I am a PRO MAKEUP ARTIST  with over 35 different makeup companies and have been a licensed makeup artist for over ten years. I LOVE AIRBRUSH MAKEUP AND YOU WILL TOO! But I also do an amazing job using "traditional" makeup too - just visit my online portfolio to see. I do work full time here in this seasonal island, so yes I do have a minimum $ amount in order for me to afford to take the day off and play makeup (If you want airbrush 1-2 people can meet my minimum, if you want traditional 3-4 people meet my minimum). My price breakdown is $80 for bridal makeup, $55 for all other makeup application, flower girls 9 and under are free of charge and a $100 travel fee (false eyelashes and airbrushing are optional/additional fee. I give all my signed brides a full makeup trial run, giving you the chance to experience and try out airbrush makeup and different makeup looks for your big day. Congrats to you all and hope to be playing makeup with some of you soon!

• One of my best friends got married in the Outer Banks last year and she hired All Eyes on the Bride to do her makeup and the bridal parties. The makeup artist Lauren was fantastic, traveled to us, and we all looked stunning, and she did airbrush makeup which was fantastic. I stopped at her booth at the recent expo and chatted her up to say hello. I told her I would definitely be booking her for my wedding makeup in 2013!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards