Canada

Venues - Ottawa

Hey! I'm looking for a decently priced venue in Ottawa to have a ceremony AND reception at.. any ideas?

Re: Venues - Ottawa

• edited December 2011
    My fiance and I are considering "At the Schoolhouse"... it's a VERY small venue, and you can do both ceremony and reception there. :-)  

I'm wondering about more small ones as well, though.

M.

• edited December 2011
    Stanley's Olde Maple Lane Farm is really pretty in all seasons!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Gals!!  I'm looking into all the ideas.. keep em coming!
  • edited December 2011
    Lago on Dow's Lake?
  • edited December 2011
    Strathmere is popular. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I've been to a wedding at Stathmere and it was very lovely. But another beautiful one is Orchard View. Good luck :)
    * Marrying My Highschool Sweetheart * Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 215 Invited
    image 148 are ready to party! image 12 have better things to do image55 are lollygagging
    RSVP Date: April 25
  • edited December 2011
    My Fiance and I just took a look at the West Carleton. Realy nice place.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We've settled on Stanley's Olde Maple Lane Farm.... but I've also heard that Hogg's Back is a nice place, as is the Experimental Farm.

M.
  • edited December 2011
    I am going to a wedding this weekend at the Marriott. Should be fun!
  • edited December 2011
    We wanted a venue that wasn't a banquet hall or a hotel. After a lot of research we ultimately decided on Lago at Dow's Lake. The private room upstairs has a gorgeous view and the event manager is absolutely wonderful to work with.
    We had wanted the ceremony and reception in the same place and we could do it at Lago potentially but we were worried we'd end up with too many guests for the balcony area where it could be.

So we're getting married at Billings Estate Museum. It also can accommodate both ceremony and reception but we wanted a reception location that did it all for us. (ie. we didn't have to hire a caterer). The event planner at Billings is also wonderful to work with.

The two locations are only a few minutes from each other so not having them at exactly the same site isn't as big of a deal as we had feared.

Both places were very organized and responsive to questions. 

Other places I'd suggest are the Brittania Yacht Club (beautiful only downside for us was lack of air conditioning for a July wedding)
    or Weddings In Style in the Market. 

BabyFruit Ticker Me: 37 DH: 40 Married: 7/31/2011 TTC since September 2011 BFP: Nov. 22, 2012 EDD: July 29, 2013
  • edited December 2011
    Hey - now, they've just had a fire, so I don't know how soon you need a venue (and I'm a little late to this post) but The Courtyard Restaurant in the Byward Market was fantastic when we had our wedding/reception there. They do all the coordination for you the day of, and they can do the ceremony/reception back to back (which is what we wanted). They fit up to 80 people in their upper room and we were happy with how everything went. And it was so reasonably priced.

Stanley's is a beautiful place for a wedding, for sure, but it's very pricey, I've been told. When we were there looking at it the guy who owns it told us he wouldn't even talk prices to us until we'd looked everywhere else and came back to him to say we HAD to have our wedding there. DH and I were very unimpressed. Needless to say, we walked away.
    Suze
    TTC#1 since May 2009
    PCOS * Hypothyroid

Bean - BFP May 26, 2010. EDD Feb 3, 2011. Natural Miscarriage 8w5d - June 29, 2010.
    Pumpkin - BFP Feb 8, 2011. EDD Oct 21, 2011. Natural Miscarriage 6w3d - Feb 28, 2011.

DX Graves Disease. Radioactive Iodine treatment July 7, 2011.
    Cleared to TTCAL once again - March 2012.
    Femara started June 2012.

wedding 58310/365: Never disturb a sleeping cat...25/365: My favourite necklacewedding 323
    ?S/PAIFW? ?PAL/PGAL Welcome?
  • edited December 2011
    I just booked the courtyard and am very excited! It is so beautiful there. It would be great if you posted pics of your reception
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We actually choose the Brittania Yatch Club. We got engaged on Brittania beach so it seemed fitting! Thanks for all the replies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards