Eco-Friendly Weddings

Registry for an Eco-friendly Website

Hi all! I am coming out of lurking and have a question:
We are registering at BBB & probably Sears, but since the wedding is on Earth Day, we are trying to incorporate as many eco-friendly aspects as we can.

What I would like to know is: do any of you know of a good (eco-friendly) website or shop that offers a wedding registry? Where are you all registered? We are in upstate NY, if that helps... Any and all information is helpful, TIA!!!
image photo DSCF1711-h2o.jpg image

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Registry for an Eco-friendly Website

• We are registered at Pampered Chef and Macy's and have done a lot of research on eco-friendly products that each offers.  For example, we registered for stainless steel pots and pans to avoid teflon; organic cotton towels; bamboo products where available, etc.  We also chose the option on the registry to not have our gifts wrapped before they were sent.

Another big thing is knowing where to draw the line - don't register for a ton of stuff just because "it's sooo neat!"  A lot of people get caught up in the registry madness and don't even think twice about registering for things they won't really use just because they can.

If you really want an eco-friendly site to register with, try Gaiam.  Not sure if they have a registry, but they have a lot of organic bedding, towels, etc.
    Vacation

Vacation
  • You could check out the thegreenbrideguide.com  It is really helpful and it has links for registries.  My favorite is registering for activities for your honeymoon.  It doesn't get much greener than that!

• Iherrera87Iherrera87 member
    First Comment
    edited October 2010
    We registered for all our linens at Pottery Barn, almost everything is organic, and Crate & Barrel has a huge selection of organic bamboo. I just discovered yesterday (why didn't anyone tell me?!) Viva Terra. All of their products are eco-friendly and they have an online registry. Good Luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ~Future Mrs. Thordarson 9/17/11
  • I second thegreenbrideguide.com, which is where we are registered.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards