Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

To Early To Send?

So, since we finished our invites last weekend, I really want to send them out now!!  = )  I was planning on sending them the week of July 11th, as that would be the 8 week mark.  Do I have to wait till then, our could I send them out this weekend?  If I sent them out this weekend it would be the 11 week mark.  I'm just getting really anxious & sick of seeing them sitting there all ready to go & not being able to send them!  I know it's not to much longer to wait, but what can I say, I want those responses to start rolling in!

Thoughts? 

TIA ladies!  = )

Edit - It's a Friday evening wedding & we did send STD's back in April.

Re: To Early To Send?

• aabrahams7aabrahams7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am right there with you...mine are sitting there, addresses and stamped, just waiting to be put in the mailbox. I originally was going to send mine out the weekend after the 4th, but I think I may actually send them out a tad bit earlier as more OOT guests than we had originally planned for, have been asking for details.
  • edited December 2011
    Andrea I would be SO tempted as well (and you know how good I am at waiting ;))!  I know there are all of those rules about when to send them, but heck I think as a guest I'd rather have more notice than less.  If mine were ready I'd be in the same boat with you.
  • aligrossaligross member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Andrea, if it were me... I'd wait to send them out! People who are going to be attending have your date on their calendars. I know for me, we got an invite 12 weeks before a wedding this summer and I literally forgot about it until I flipped my calendar to July it just became something that I didn't care about because it was so far off my radar that it went on the calendar and I didn't give it another thought. But that's just me! :)
  • edited December 2011
    I think I sent mine out at the 10 week mark. I guess I thought all along they were supposed to be sent out at the 3 month mark not the 2 month mark! So mine went out early. From what I can tell on my month board people send them out between 2-3 months ahead of time. So yes it is a little early but I don't think it's a problem. I don't think the glue was dry on mine when they hit the mailbox! I didn't want to stare at them just sitting there.
    Anniversary
  • newlyseliskinewlyseliski member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_early-send?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:318a7644-05b7-44bb-85d0-9cb51f9d3851Post:4b82b2c6-cb46-4f30-8a96-0e2e09c8d94f">Re: To Early To Send?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think I sent mine out at the 10 week mark. I guess I thought all along they were supposed to be sent out at the 3 month mark not the 2 month mark! So mine went out early. From what I can tell on my month board people send them out between 2-3 months ahead of time. So yes it is a little early but I don't think it's a problem. I don't think the glue was dry on mine when they hit the mailbox! I didn't want to stare at them just sitting there.
    Posted by EmilyCMN[/QUOTE]

10 weeks sounds like a good balance!  I got freaked out when we weren't able to get ours done by the three month mark... but it turned out not being an issue because we got them out almost right at 2 months.
  • edited December 2011
    Hm I guess I would wait til the 8 weeks personally, but that's just me! But I really don't see any harm in sending them out now ???

Yeah I am a big help hahaha
  • edited December 2011
    I"d wait, but I'm weird about holidays.  If anything, drop them in the mail after the weekend of the 4th.  This was hard for us, too, because our 8 week mark was Labor Day weekend.  I was worried if we sent them too soon, they'd get lost in the shuffle of the weekend (and the start of school for families.)

Realistically, that probably has no bearing on it, but that was miy concern ;)
  • graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd advocate for sending at the 2 month mark. I feel like even that was too early for some people. They got them, saw them, and then set them aside and forgot to send in the RSVPs. We've been having to track a lot of people down. Like all of FI's side, really =/
    Photobucket
  • andielizabethandielizabeth member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I sent mine really early. 90% of our guests are OOT - So I wanted to make sure everyone had enough time to buy plane tickets, make travel plans, etc. but I also didn't send STD's.
    image BabyFruit Ticker Created by Wedding Favors
  • edited December 2011
    I'd wait, but that's just me.  I agree with Steph
    Hitched! 09.30.11
  • edited December 2011
    I think either way has advantages and disadvantages. If you have a large OOT count I would send them a little earlier. But that said if they're sent early you'll probably have more guests to track down as the RSVP date comes up.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm sending the invites out the Wednesday after the Fourth of July, and we have the same date :)
    imageimageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards