North Carolina-Outer Banks

House on the beach for ceremony

2»

Re: House on the beach for ceremony

• islandgirl420islandgirl420 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, okay where to begin!!  Thanks for all of the great advice, you guys are amazing.  I have made a cake tasting appointment with Atlantic Cake Company and Patti Cakes was busy (this is so last minute for me) but she said she may be able to have some ready for me to pickup.  Ortegaz has already been very impressive!  Even though I am super last minute and they have a really busy weekend Lisa has offered to meet us on their day off.  I am so impressed by their menu too!  I was worried about just having southwestern food only, but now I am so excited!  Mexican food is both of our favorite type of food.  JAK- if you wouldn't mind, about how much was all of that per person?  I would love to have both southwestern AND meat, veggies, sides- something more traditional.

For rehersal dinner, I planned on doing something at the beach house (still unknown).  keb- It is starting to look like my wedding might be a lot like yours!  lol

and OBX- I want to visit Jeanette's pier too, so we just might be able to squeeze in lunch at Sam and Omie's!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I used Atlantic Cake Co. and it was fabulous!!  I went with the white chocolate cake with strawberry filling for the 2 bottom tiers and the top tier was key lime with strawberry filling.  It was absolutely decadent and Susan is just fabulous!

Are you on our FB group yet?? 

Here are some pics of my cake....I just wanted something very simple yet classy:

And btw, Jennette's Pier sells "planks" on the pier that you can have engraved with whatever you'd like.  A friend surprised us and had one made for Brent and I with our names on it and our wedding date.  It was an awesome gift! 

Hint...hint...hint...for your families ;)

• edited December 2011
    I didn't try Atlantic Cake Co. but now I kind of wish I had :)  OBX, your cake was beautiful! We are going with Argyles for our cake.  I loved them because the buttercream icing isn't super sweet and very smooth.  Also almost all of their flavors have some sort of liquor in them (for the alcoholic in me.  lol).  We are going with Amaretto Chambord Cake with a raspberry filling (the description of this cake does not begin to touch how delicious it is), White Chocolate Key Lime, and Chocolat Grand Marier cake with chocolate mousse filling.  Debra at Argyles has a ton of other flavors too that sounded delicious.  I didn't get to try her cakes that have a canolli filling but I will on a visit down there sometime in my life.  She is a Newyorker, so I imagine her canolli filling is crazy good.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    *** Grand Marnier
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_house-beach-ceremony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:173f3975-d4a6-47f1-bfb6-b4e6ba512c46Post:1cb72c95-d98f-4a1e-9a61-d196fbcc23c2">Re: House on the beach for ceremony</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow, okay where to begin!!  Thanks for all of the great advice, you guys are amazing.  I have made a cake tasting appointment with Atlantic Cake Company and Patti Cakes was busy (this is so last minute for me) but she said she may be able to have some ready for me to pickup.  Ortegaz has already been very impressive!  Even though I am super last minute and they have a really busy weekend Lisa has offered to meet us on their day off.  I am so impressed by their menu too!  I was worried about just having southwestern food only, but now I am so excited!  Mexican food is both of our favorite type of food.  JAK- if you wouldn't mind, about how much was all of that per person?  I would love to have both southwestern AND meat, veggies, sides- something more traditional. For rehersal dinner, I planned on doing something at the beach house (still unknown).  keb- It is starting to look like my wedding might be a lot like yours!  lol and OBX- I want to visit Jeanette's pier too, so we just might be able to squeeze in lunch at Sam and Omie's!
    Posted by islandgirl420[/QUOTE]

The great thing about us all being able to share stuff is that our weddings could all be identical and noone would be the wiser ;)
  • islandgirl420islandgirl420 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @keb- haha! you are totally right!

@OBX- yes, I was the newest Kelly to join the FB page!  I haven't even been on facebook in a couple of days though due to non stop planning for this weekend in OBX.  I still have to check out your pics!  GREAT hint about Jeanette's pier, I love that idea!  Sounds like a great gift for the groom too :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards