Wedding Party
Options

Issues with picking my maids

I have four pretty close friends but my FI and I decided that we don't want huge wedding parties and he is only having two best men so out of my four girls I have picked the two I couldnt imagine not being in my party. But Im afraid of the other twos' reactions to the news. I have been trying to figure out other ways to incorperate them in the wedding but I can't come up with any ideas. Any ideas would be wonderful.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Issues with picking my maids

• Options
    4 is not a huge party.  If you want them, have them.  Your numbers don't have to be even. Any other "jobs" are just that- jobs.  If you don't want them standing next to you, have them sit in front of you. 
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Just because you saw it on Four Weddings, doesn't mean it's a good idea.
  • Options
    Your wedding is over 2 years away. Slow your roll and don't ask anybody until 6-9 months out. And you don't have to have a symmetrical wedding party anyway.
  • Options
    A lot can change in two years, wait a while. Who knows, down the road you might have someone else you couldn't imagine not being there or your future hubby might add 5 guys to the party. It's way to soon to be in the wedding party selection stage.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I agree, I'd wait.  Even if you still are considering the same people, time will probably help you make your decision.  There are so many "I wish I'd never asked this girl to be in my wedding!  help!" posts on here, we wouldn't want you to be in that situation.
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_issues-picking-maids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:a0da8c2b-a579-48cf-a4f6-b2b969ba8060Post:1c015a8b-b7ed-4bd9-aae7-a08abc86ad3e">Re: Issues with picking my maids</a>:
    [QUOTE]Your wedding is over 2 years away. Slow your roll and don't ask anybody until 6-9 months out. And you don't have to have a symmetrical wedding party anyway.
    Posted by artbyallie[/QUOTE]

This, definitely.

• Options
    I agree with the PPs that say to wait, you never know if your relationships are going to change in that time... 
  • Options
    Holy Moly.  Apparently I need to start paying attention to signatures. 2 years?!  Yeah, DON'T pick now!  6-9 months is a good rule to follow.
    I sure hope you haven't asked anyone yet
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Just because you saw it on Four Weddings, doesn't mean it's a good idea.
  • Options
    no no no I haven't asked and don't plan to ask yet. and we have actually moved the date up a bit. But my friends are asking....idk I was just looking for some help on how to handle it...thanks for the advice the date we picked is in just over a year I need to change my stuff. I thought he would want to wait longer but he wants it sooner.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards