New Jersey

Bridesmaids dress question!

Hey ladies!  Just wanted to ask you guys where did you go for your bridesmaids dresses?  My MOH lives a few hours away and will be down on the 12th so I wanted to check a few places out.  And not really a fan of a lot of the bridesmaids dresses I looked at where I got my gown.

We are going to start out at Davids Bridal on Rt. 18 in East Brunswick so any recommendations for anything around that area or so!?  Or closer to Hillsborough, Somerville.  Thanks!

Re: Bridesmaids dress question!

• edited December 2011
    I haven't been to any of these personally, I just pulled them up real quick. I grew up in Somerset so I know the area well.

www.saras22.com/home.htm">Sara's Boutique - Somerville
    Bridal Center Boutique - E. Brunswick
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • RamsKR01RamsKR01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Edison there is a place Dolores Bridal - right by Menlo Park Mall.  They have a lot of the "main" designers people use and their prices include all alterations.  If you are there you can also go to Macys in Menlo - there's a bridal department in that Macys and they used (not sure if they still do) carry bridesmaids dresses - I had to get a dress there one time for a wedding I was in but that was a few years ago.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to the David's Bridal on Rt. 18 a couple years back for a BM dress.  It was fine, my only complaint was that when I went for my fitting the seamstress guilted/forced me into buying one of their undergarments that cost an additional $80 and I haven't used since.   So if you go with them just tell your girls to choose their undergarments wisely LOL.  :-)  Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• cindy9178cindy9178 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't really know of any in that area, but I'd recommend Hollywood Bridal in Kenilworth if you can make it there.. their prices seem to be less than anywhere else that I looked, and the alterations are free.
    Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Right next door to the David's bridal store on Route 18 is another store called "The Bridal Center Boutique" that's where I got my wedding gown and bridesmaid dresses. You would actually never know it was there if you weren't looking for it. (its in the gray building to the right, the same as Thrifty Car Rental)

The owner, Virginia is super sweet. They are a small store, but if you want to go there on the weekend, I'd recommend just calling to see if you need an appointment.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards