Illinois-Chicago
Options

Ceremony & Reception Venues

Hi, Does anyone have any recommendations to hold a ceremony & reception for around 160 ppl in the city or surrounding suburbs?

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: Ceremony & Reception Venues

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you have a certain budget or area you'd like to stay in?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My budget goal would prob be to stay under $35K and I'm open to anything right now. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Embassy Suites Lakefront near Navy Pier.  Our guest list was 131 and it was under $11,000 (reception only).
  • Options
    kag0215kag0215 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been to a wedding and reception at the Lisle Hyatt and it was very nice. I'm having my reception at Bobak's Signature Events in Woodridge they're awesome, but I think they only do outdoor ceremonies. I would still call them though you might be able to work something out with them with one of their smaller rooms.
    209 Invited image
    141 Can't Wait image
    19 Have Something Better To Do image
    49 Can't Find a Mailbox imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I honestly don't know the cost of it, but I've always LOVED The Knickerbocker.
    http://www.millenniumhotels.com/millenniumchicago/meeting/weddings.html
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you want something traditional?  If you want a loft space, you could use Prairie Productions.  160 is towards the high end there, but it can be done!
    Married!!
  • Options
    stephasuasustephasuasu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out the Oak Brook Renaissance Hotel near Oak Brook Mall. The venue holds a max of 200, we had 155. There can only be one wedding there at once, so you won't be bumping into other brides in the foyers :) The ball room is on the top floor of this boutique hotel, and Sharon, the event coordination, was WONDERFUL to work with. You will be within your budget at this venue. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Brookfield Zoo!!!  The service is better than disney and it is unique..my guests are still talking about it 4 months later :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards