Idaho
Options

Wedding/Reception in CDA/Spokane

Hi!
I'm recently engaged and we're planning our wedding for summer (probably June) 2010...not much time!

We're trying to find outdoor wedding/reception sites and only having marginal luck...expecially with something that fits our very limited budget. We're both still college students, so nothing extravagant is an option. Local parks are nice, but I really don't want strangers around for pictures, ceremony, ect.

We're also looking for a photographer along the same lines...totally willing to give someone starting out a shot for a discounted rate as well.

Any ideas?

Re: Wedding/Reception in CDA/Spokane

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi,

You should look up Rose Feuerstein.  She is currently (or may have just finished) photography school in Spokane.  She has already shot a number of weddings & she has some very creative & cool shots. 

Here is a link to her blog. http://rfeuersteinphotography.blogspot.com with a few pics from a recent wedding.

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding up at Higgins point and it was amazing! how big is your wedding going to be? they have quite a bit of space up there. I know it is pretty reasonable as well!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Google Jewett House in Coeur d'Alene Idaho. 
    Beautiful, cheap, private property overlooking the lake right on Sander's beach.  
    You won't be disappointed. 
  • Options
    rachelbemisrachelbemis member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi - I don't know if you have found a place yet but my daughter is getting married at Mukagawa Fort Wright Institute (next to Spokane Falls Community College) in Sept 2010 and they are very reasonably priced.  They have beautiful grounds, as well as a nice indoor setting if the weather is bad.  You can google them and see the website, etc.  She is still looking for a photographer and Dj so if anyone has suggestions, please don't hesitate to offer ideas.  Thanks and good luck to you!
  • Options
    rachelbemisrachelbemis member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married in Spokane on September 5th 2010 and I am looking for a reasonable dj and photographer. Does anyone know of someone? Thanks! and Good luck to all with the wedding planning!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Look at Mirabeau Park in Spokane, its relatively inexpensive, and you can reserve the picnic shelter area so there wouldnt be any strangers there to disturb your wedding. You can find it on the spokanevalley.org website if you look under parks and rec. its a really cute area for a wedding, I was going to originally have my wedding there but we decided on a backyard wedding instead. also, look on craigslist under special events, there are alot of really cheap(but good) photographers in the area.

• Options
    tangelonytangelony member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    http://www.aophotographers.com is based out of Chicago, but they love traveling to Spokane and will do so for a pretty reasonable price.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards