Texas-Houston

Venues that allow outside caterers

Hi!

Does anyone know of any venue for a reception (any area of Houston) that allows outside cateres?

The space would need to be big enough to hold approx. 200 guests. Total budget for wedding @ $30-35,000.

Thank you!

Re: Venues that allow outside caterers

• tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Not sure if they are big enough for your guest list, but The Gallery. And Le'Jardin {Or something like that.}.

• edited December 2011
    Bradys Landing
    Pelazzio
    The Gallery
    Just a few I could think of. HTH
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • britishmibritishmi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Stafford Civic Center
  • PJS001PJS001 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Brady's Landing does not allow outside food caterers. Only cake.

Majestic Metro would prolly meet your needs.
    And now we are as one
    Married February 20, 2011

• edited December 2011
    Belle Rose Maison
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    If hotels are an optional consideration, the following are places we looked at in the Galleria Area:

Marriott
    Hotel Derek
    Hilton
    Westin
    InterContinental

We were also going to evaluate the Four Seasons in downtown (but didn't) and we looked at the Embassy Suites in the Energy Corridor.

However, I should comment that I'm not sure if these places as a general rule allow outside catering or if we were granted an exemption because we need to serve vegetarian Indian food. My FI who did most of our research recommends picking some places you like and inquire.

The Houstonian told my FI absolutely not, but one of our caterers said he has serviced that place.

We are using the InterContinental near the Galleria.... their Founder's Ballroom which can hold up to 300 (I think) and the food expenditure minimum is $5500. Our outside caterering charge is $34/person which goes toward that $5500. Basically, with the hotels there isn't a room rental fee, but you are given a food minimum dollar amount.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Red Oak Ballroom at City Centre. 
    ~~~grammatically incorrect~~~
  • auggiewedauggiewed member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I've been to weddings at the Parador and Paraiso Maravilla and I am pretty sure they allowed my friends to bring in their own caterers.  They were both beautiful places!

• jnwilson11jnwilson11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the above post about the Majestic Metro~ you can bring in anything you want! I am getting married there, really excited about using my favorite restaurant as caterer and a wholesale liquor company so we can have open bar. They also include also include a lot with the $.  
  • edited December 2011
    heights villa
  • handhand_wchandhand_wc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

The Grand Palace
    Amber Springs

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    The Admiral on Clear Lake, they require a $500 fee for bringing in outside caters but allow them.

Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards