New Jersey

NYC Restaurant Recommendations

Good morning everyone....and Happy Friday! My DH and I received tickets to Wicked for Tuesday as part of a wedding gift (which I am sooooo excited about!). It is located on W 51st St. I was wondering if any of you had recommendations for a good and not crazy expensive Italian Restaurant or steakhouse in the area.
TIA

BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: NYC Restaurant Recommendations

• Danes983Danes983 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love Tony DiNapoli's.  Its family style Italian. So delic and not as expensive as Carmines.  I would make a reservation.  There are two locations.  The one closest would be on W 43rd between 6&7th. Enjoy.
  • uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DelFrisco's is a very good steakhouse nearby but has typical steakhouse prices.  I'm not sure that there's any good steakhouse in NYC that doesn't charge those prices...

Most of the good Italian restaurants I know in the area are big expense account places... Il Corso is good and a little more reasonable, and Becco is also very good.

If you'd do burgers instead of steak, Shake Shack and Bill's Bar and Burger just opened in the area, and 5 Napkin Burger is supposed to be pretty good.  The Burger Joint in the Parker Meridien is very good, but is very casual and has very limited seating.
  • edited December 2011
    Italian- Tony's on 43rd or Simply Pasta I think on 41st? Tony's, as noted above, is family style. Simply Pasta is delish! My friends and I always go to Simply Pasta for a not so expensive dinner and drinks.

Other- Vynl (burgers, thai food- another friend favorite), 5 Napkin Burger, Haru (japanese)
    *~allie~*

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Vynl was just shut down by the Department of Health!  (Very random to know -- I spend a lot of time on food blogs.)  Not sure when it will be back open.  I was kind of surprised because it seemed nice and clean to me.   

I also should add Pio Pio on 10th and 45th to the list.  It is a Peruvian chicken place.  Not a steakhouse or Italian but incredibly delicious and very cheap.
  • edited December 2011
    I LOVE Trattoria Dopo Teatro.  They have the BEST chocolate mousse cake I've ever had and they don't have crazy prices.

They have a pre-theater prix fixe menu for lunch and dinner... http://www.dopoteatro.com/
    image 182 Invited
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing the fun
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_nyc-restaurant-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:4c3ac234-3cc8-49e2-934a-62f6320cdf8fPost:9930cd28-a819-49f3-91bb-e66d2ec73b22">Re: NYC Restaurant Recommendations</a>:
    [QUOTE]Vynl was just shut down by the Department of Health!  (Very random to know -- I spend a lot of time on food blogs.)  Posted by uppereastgirl[/QUOTE]

Ick- I'm surprised since it always seems so clean. Thanks.
    *~allie~*

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_nyc-restaurant-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:4c3ac234-3cc8-49e2-934a-62f6320cdf8fPost:f932c44a-aaf2-4075-832d-2067dcf66052">Re: NYC Restaurant Recommendations</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: NYC Restaurant Recommendations : Ick- I'm surprised since it always seems so clean. Thanks.
    Posted by akmackay[/QUOTE]

<div>I don't know what the issue is -- but sometimes places get shut down because they have a water leak or other things that aren't gross to me at all.  (And I didn't want to look into it because I like Vynl and don't want to know!)  So I'm hoping for the best.  But in the meantime, it is closed.</div>
  • Renee1105Renee1105 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Delfrisco's we love their steaks!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards