January 2012 Weddings

My whirlwind week...

I have been lurking but haven't had time to post.  This was a crazy week.  

Monday-I went and presented my M.S. paper. It went ok. and I got 100%! YAY

Tues/Wednesday-Didn't really do anything but didn' t have anything to report.

Thursday-I go to my aunt/uncle's house and hang out with them. I had a phone interview in the evening. I had a great interview. So we eat some dinner afterwards. Then my phone rings. Its the principal. She asked me to not signed with any other school cause I am hired.  And if I could come in on Tuesday to see the school and get a sense of how they work.  So exciting!  Then I call J... He isn't pleased about the location of the school.  Right now we live in Denver metro area.  The job is in the middle of nowwhere in the northeast part of the state. Now this is a big deal...decent salary, benefits, seems like a good school, ect.  But at the same time, I want to make husband happy.  There are no large towns around without an 1 hr. So that has been the majority of my energy-argueing with him about what we think is best. I think we have come to an half agreement. Part of me regrets typing this cause I know it makes him look bad, but at the same time, I need to get it all off my chest.  I know a lot of it is that he is happy for me but he is jelouse that he didn't get a job right out of graduation and won't be the main provider. I know that this is most of his hesitation, BUT he still could be a little bit more supportive here.

So Friday, I graduate! What a long day but super nice to see my grad school girls.  I loved it! My parents got me a GPS!!!!

Then on sat went to a bridal shower and hung out with my aunt and uncle again. Told them everything. They are really supportive and agreed with me. They are really J's aunt and uncle so I feel lucky that I am go to them.

ok I think I am just rambling now, and I should go pack.  I fly back today. This evening should be interesting for when we talk about this face to face.

I am taking the job for sure.  I think we just have to figure out where to live.

Thanks for listening!

Re: My whirlwind week...

• edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddingchannel.com/main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2012-weddings_my-whirlwind-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:5a1804e7-e8c8-4829-9e61-b9d49f3a9b5fDiscussion:bae6e4ed-e739-4bff-93a2-d2feb7807bd7Post:4b0bab8d-c1ee-4724-86a8-f37d607787db">My whirlwind week...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Then I call J... He isn't pleased about the location of the school.  Right now we live in Denver metro area.  The job is in the middle of nowwhere in the northeast part of the state. Now this is a big deal...decent salary, benefits, seems like a good school, ect.  But at the same time, I want to make husband happy.  There are no large towns around without an 1 hr. So that has been the majority of my energy-argueing with him about what we think is best. I think we have come to an half agreement. Part of me regrets typing this cause I know it makes him look bad, but at the same time, I need to get it all off my chest.
    Posted by hippolover[/QUOTE]

Don't feel bad.  Joy and I are going through this right now too.  The place she interviewed with really wants her to take this other job they opened up, but it's 3 hours away from where we're at and so far I have no prospects. :(

Glad you got hired!  Hopefully the rest will work itself out. :)
  • I so happy you got hired! Hopefully J will see that it's best that you take the job.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Congrats on the job!!!! Everything will work out in time.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFetus Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • This really does sound like a whirlwind. I haven't been on here much either, so I can understand. I hope that J can come around. I am sure that you will be happy with whatever decision you make between the two of you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards