Not Engaged Yet
Options

Hi Everyone!

Hey Ladies! I thought I should come out of lurking and introduce myself!

I started lurking here when I accidentally stumbled upon this board while helping my sister plan her wedding. Her wedding was wonderful and I continued to lurk. So about me... I've been with my boyfriend for over 6 years now and we've been living in  the house he bought for almost a year now. We're finally to the point where we can take a break from fixing it up and enjoy having it. We still have a lot of work to do on it, but it's fun so I don't mind. We've discussed getting engaged and it's going to happen some time, but neither of us are in a hurry for it. We're just enjoying being together and having fun!

We have a 4 year old boxer who is super spoiled... we're thinking about getting her a sibling but still in the researching stage.

Anything I forgot to add, feel free to ask!

♥ Couldn't Ask For More... Wouldn't Settle For Less ♥ Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Hi Everyone!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi! How old are you and your BF? What do you do for a living? Where are you from?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey GreenPepper!

We're both 26 and we live in California. I'm a teacher but I'm currently only subbing... the teaching market here still isn't the best. I'm also hopefully **fingers crossed** going to be a grad student soon for School Psychology. I'm waiting to hear when I have my interview. My BF is an engineer and does stuff I don't understand with Aeronautical stuff... haha...
    ♥ Couldn't Ask For More... Wouldn't Settle For Less ♥ Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi, welcome aboard.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks AngieD!
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello.  You sound not crazy.  Please continue this trend.

And welcome to the fray ;)

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi and thanks!! I try to stay sane and not venture into the land of crazies...
  • Options
    Bec20Bec20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi and welcome. :)  I'm new to posting too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey! Glad to meet a newbie like me! :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh WOW ... a sane one! They are out there!!!

Welcome to the board!!

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha... Us sane ones do exist... there are still a few around!

Thanks!
  • Options
    run21run21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank god you aren't f-ing nuts. Or at least you don't seem f-ing nuts in your first post.

Welcome! Airplane/aeronautical people always welcome. You qualify by association.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Run!

Definitely not nuts or at least I try not to be!! I feel so special to qualify by association! Haha...
  • Options
    desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Hi and welcome!

Tell me more about your boxer! Do you have pics?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    fontassidyfontassidy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeahhhh, boxer pics!!

(We have an almost-3-year-old brindle boxer.)
    I can't believe you're contemplating getting a second one....our is SO high energy, I've pledged that our next dog is going to have to be a breed which is typically practically comatose.

I have to PIP now that I know you have one too!! Show & tell! :)

Laughing!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker White Knot
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello!  Yes dog pics please.  I like dog pics but I could never handle a dog so I can live vicariously through you.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• Options
    jgcohnjgcohn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!! I'm a teacher too =)

Fontassidy--that last picture melts my heart! I love fur babies!!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    jgc - Yuuuup, he's pretty outrageous. When we first got our kitten, Hobbes, he was obsessed with him & would follow him around nosing him like that all day long. They're best buddies now, much to the chagrin of our older kitty. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh I have tons and tons of pictures... lol... but I'm not sure how to... how do I make them smaller??

Fontassidy- your boxer is adorable! I've always wanted a brindle... one day! We're actually thinking our next dog will be a Doberman. Our's is really high energy, but I've found she's starting to settle down now that she's getitng older... maybe getting another puppy will re-energize her.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Star - thanks!! And OMG I hope ours settles as he gets older, that'd be fabulous.

Putting the pictures in the post automatically makes them smaller, as far as I've found. Those that I posted are actually much bigger but they were shrunk down right when I put them in.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Never mind... I think I figured it out...

Here are pictures of our monster:

• Options
    edited December 2011
    She's huge!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ya she's pretty tall... but she looks very puppy like... people at the dog park always ask if she's a year or so and then are shocked when we tell them that she's really 4...
  • Options
    tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome its good to know a sane person around here admist the crazyness lately.Your boxer pics are great! I adore boxers , they are so beautful. Hope to see you around more !
    Photobucket Anniversary www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    CT324CT324 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    awh I have a boxer too we rescued him from a shelter about a year and half ago he is my baby I love him so much they really are the greatest dogs!!  Lol the 2nd one was his halloween costume contest that my town has for dogs and the 3rd pic we used for our christmas cards this past year. 

PARKER

• Options
    tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG the pirate pic is the best ever !
    Photobucket Anniversary www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG PUPPIES!!! *jumps around*

Those dogs are all way cute;)

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! Love the dog pics, I can definitely understand about having a high energy dog - I have a husky.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    fontassidy, what a GREAT puppy/kitty pic!

*sigh* I can't believe I'm going to be losing my furbrothers in 3 weeks =(  Moving out and into a pet-free complex suuuucks. I'm gonna miss them taking over my bed at 3 in the morning.

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome, I'm a newbie too! My boyfriend is an engineer also, he works with electronics.

I love how there are so many pictures of dog's on the board today!!!!! It is seriously making my day!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!

Tafft1- Thanks! I plan on sticking around! Boxers are such wonderful dogs!

CT324- Aww... your boxer is adorable! I love the pirate costume! We've tried putting costumes on our's but she'll fall over and roll and then rub against the wall until it comes off... needless to say, she really hates costumes... hahaha...

Hazel- Oohhh I love huskies! ! I want one... they are such pretty dogs!

Penny66-Thanks! Yay for a fellow engineer's GF!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards