California-Central

Long Bridesmaid dress for summer wedding in Paso?

Our wedding is in August at Stillwaters Winery in Paso Robles.  My colors are hot pink, light pink and brown.  My daughter (16) is my only bridesmaid.  It is an evening wedding.  Is it ok for her to wear a long dress in the summer in Paso?

Re: Long Bridesmaid dress for summer wedding in Paso?

• KryssttleKryssttle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it would be perfectly fine for her to wear a long dress. Especially because it's in the evening. Hopefully their will be a nice breeze!
    imageimageAnniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    First you need to think about the fabric, the weight/ the breathability. You know here in Paso the heat can be horrific (in the evenings still sometimes). In shorts an a tank top we are good but a formal evening gown...not a good mix. So if its a chiffon or organza overlay...she will be fine, but a heavier fabric may be uncomfotable and depending on the color of the dress...think wet marks from sweating her buns off. UNLESS, you are indoors, and there is air conditioning and then girl you are good to go! Your Bridal Consultant should have discussed this when  you purchased the dress at the store. Shame on her!
    Good Luck and hope you have a fantastic wedding!
  • angnedangned member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love Stillwater!  And I think it would be perfectly ok as long as it was not a thick organza or something heavy.  But it does cool down *most* evenings in the summer in Paso.  And Stillwater has many oak trees with shade, so it will probably be even cooler.
    2 of us- a bunch of you! Celebrating the whole night through!
  • stina93446stina93446 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was in an August wedding in a chocolate brown long dress. It was chiffon and that was what saved me. If it were a heavy fabric like satin, I would have died, and killed the bride. It really depends on if your entire wedding is outside versus inside and what time of day. I think if you choose a fabric like chiffon, it'll be easier on everyone.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you for the advice.  The wedding is in the evening.  From 6-10.  And the area is pretty much shaded with Olive trees. 
  • edited December 2011
    Hey, mine will alsobe an evening in Aug. and will be in Santa Margarita. My girls will be in knee- lenght black dresses, but of a very light material. The good thing about our area is that (thought days can get up to 115 in Aug.) summer evenings are usualy perfect for being outdoors. As long as her dress isn't also a lon-sleeved heavy material, she should be just fine.
  • Lizzardo333Lizzardo333 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine's going to be similar - Central Valley in September from 6ish-10 (we're still deciding on the starting time). I'm having my girls in long chiffon dresses. They feel so cool and flowy and light that it's almost like wearing nothing. Best of luck! :)
    Best wishes to you all! :)
  • sareiassareias member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married in Aug in Paso Robles. It was the hottest day of the year. My bridesmaids had long dresses. The material was chiffon so it was light weight. It cools off at night. So my wedding started at 5:30 and it cooled off.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards