New York-Long Island
Options

Non-cookie cutter venue

Hi,

We are looking for a venue that is not a cookie cutter catering hall (which is mostly what we're finding on LI).  We love the Old Field Club, but think it is too small for our 200 guests.  Any other suggestions?  Hoping to stay in Suffolk county - think the vineyards are too far from any hotels.

Thank you!

Re: Non-cookie cutter venue

• Options
    Have you checked out Hempstead House at the Sands Point Preserve?  I'm getting married there- and I picked it because it wasn't anything "catering hall"-y.  It's a castle that the Guggenheims used to live in.  I call it Oheka Junior haha.  I'm anticipating 240 guests.  That's pretty much the max, but it will fit, and the place is beyond gorgeous, and SOO different!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island_non-cookie-cutter-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:120Discussion:fdeb7011-e50d-4d77-b171-f17d67551ed0Post:023f4f62-4b69-4709-a366-2bc46d9f1bac">Non-cookie cutter venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi, We are looking for a venue that is not a cookie cutter catering hall (which is mostly what we're finding on LI).  We love the Old Field Club, but think it is too small for our 200 guests.  Any other suggestions?  Hoping to stay in Suffolk county - think the vineyards are too far from any hotels. Thank you!
    Posted by LVO115[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>OFC is way too small for 200. And if you plan on having a ceremony outside, the cars driving by make noise. That is what turned me off about it. </div><div>We are having ours at DeSeversky Mansion. Very elegant and beautiful. CHeck it out. </div><div>I agree about not wanting the catering hall wedding. LI doesn't have many options unfortuantely. NYC is a whole different thing. Plenty of places but lots of  $$</div>
  • Options

I totally agree with the "cookie cutter" wedding venues on LI. We are having our wedding at Coindre Hall in Huntington. It is a venue under Lessing's catering, which has a few different venues which are different & beautiful, so I would suggest checking them out.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions!  I will definitely take a look at those places.  Anyone know of others closer to the Port Jefferson area?
  • Options
    we are getting married at altantis aquarium in riverhead. its very different if you want something non traditional. plus the cost was awesome. weddings in 2 weeks and will write a review when its over.
  • Options
    I was going to suggest Coindre Hall but I see some already has. I love the whole feel of the place booked my wedding there for 10/12
  • Options
    the meadow club, giorgio's, villa lombardi's, lombardi on the sounds is in port jeff
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards