DC

DC welcome bag ideas

Trying to think of some special DC treats to put in our welcome bags for out of town guests. Aside from the standard maps, monument brochures, etc... What are some FUN (and cheap) treats to include -- both edible and non-edible suggestions welcome!

Re: DC welcome bag ideas

• In Response to DC welcome bag ideas:

Consider individually boxed Georgetown Cupcakes, free passes to Madame Tussand's (they usually hand them out at the counter), a Metro map, and perhaps arrange a White House East Wing Tour for your guests, and inlcude a note in the bag that says so! 
  • I thought about the G'town cupcakes! Was wondering if they had their own individual boxes. Also wondered how expensive they are. Thanks for the other great ideas!
  • Georgetown Cupcakes is an awesome idea, but you would have to wait until last minute to pick them up for the bags.  They do have their own individual boxes and the cupcakes are around $2.75 each.  If you buy more though the price is less.  You can also order online at their website and pick up in their store.

• We are still working on our ideas, but some things we have thought of:
    - cans of DC Brau
    - bottles of Honest Tea (from Bethesda)
    - Route 11 potato chips (from Virginia)
    - homemade cookies made with a cookie cutter in the shape of DC (they sell this at Hill's Kitchen by Eastern Market)
    - Bergers cookies (from Baltimore, but we couldn't think of an inexpensive DC sweet)

I haven't called Destination Washington (the CVB) yet, but I plan to get a visitor's guide from them, plus some of those mini metro maps/guides.

• RE - Gtown Cupcakes: Individual boxes are also $0.50/each, if you get them from them.  You could always order however many you need, and then get boxes elsewhere though :)

Northern VA also has a ton of winerys.  Not sure if this would work for you, but you might see if any of them do sample bottles (the 5 oz version), and put those in.  There are a bunch if you take 15 towards Leesburg. :)
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Love the idea of the small bottles of wine! I'll look into that!
  • Nora-- also loved all your ideas and stealing them all :) I didn't know Honest Tea was from Bethesda!! My wedding planner also suggested Virginia Peanuts. Have you finalized your welcome bag list yet?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_dc_dc-welcome-bag-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:57Discussion:873cb786-b790-469b-9962-d71d250faca9Post:23279a6b-4d7b-44c9-b9af-dfbbf1337256">Re: DC welcome bag ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are still working on our ideas, but some things we have thought of: - cans of DC Brau - bottles of Honest Tea (from Bethesda) - Route 11 potato chips (from Virginia) - homemade cookies made with a cookie cutter in the shape of DC (they sell this at Hill's Kitchen by Eastern Market) - Bergers cookies (from Baltimore, but we couldn't think of an inexpensive DC sweet) I haven't called Destination Washington (the CVB) yet, but I plan to get a visitor's guide from them, plus some of those mini metro maps/guides.
    Posted by norameetsnick[/QUOTE]

<div>Destination DC actually. My FI works there, so I felt the need to correct. They have a great visitor's guide that's free up to 25 copies, if I remember correctly.</div>
    photo a826c490-726a-4824-af5c-d938878de228_zpseb85bb5a.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards