Wedding Woes

Who's opinion really counts?

I just had a long conversation with the groom-to-be about what style of wedding we're having and we agreed on a very casual, Aspen inspired rustic look. I'm talking about cream and chocolate brown colors, cable knit sweaters and snow boots (since we're doin this in the snow in Colorado). All of a sudden, his best man (brother) walks in and tries to change it all because HE thinks OUR wedding should be more classy. Who's wedding is it anyways? Should anyone but the bride and groom have any say in what we are wearing? NO! If no one likes our idea, maybe they shouldn't be there!

Frustrated to the point I don't even want to plan anymore.
Jen BW Southern CA

Re: Who's opinion really counts?

• Unless he's shelling out the dough for this affair you can politely tell him to shove it. However, I won't go so far as to say the only people with rights to say what's what at the wedding is them, without knowing who is paying for it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_whos-opinion-really-counts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:f997e11b-fa8a-4cf2-9c37-dcb08d4913f9Post:af07dce9-1740-417b-8d2a-1c6fb8df5605">Who's opinion really counts?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just had a long conversation with the groom-to-be about what style of wedding we're having and we agreed on a very casual, Aspen inspired rustic look. I'm talking about cream and chocolate brown colors, cable knit sweaters and snow boots (since we're doin this in the snow in Colorado). All of a sudden, his best man (brother) walks in and tries to change it all because HE thinks OUR wedding should be more classy. Who's wedding is it anyways? Should anyone but the bride and groom have any say in what we are wearing? NO! If no one likes our idea, maybe they shouldn't be there! Frustrated to the point I don't even want to plan anymore.
    Posted by jrbarton79Wed204985[/QUOTE]

<div>I don't know. Who IS "opinion really counts"? Who IS "wedding is it anyways"? </div><div>
    </div><div>Also, you want a Colorado wedding in the snow, you'll need to plan for April. Unless you're going to make all your guests trek up I-70 and possibly get stuck. </div>
  • you want brown tuxes, don't you?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards