Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Asked to be his Mrs.

Hi ladies.  I thought I would take a moment to introduce myself since I'll be around for a year and a half or so as we plan our wedding.  I am 30 years old and recently engaged on 12/27/12.  My fiance and I have been together for 4 years and I have known every gift he has given me before I open it.  He just makes completely obvious remarks about them and I know...it's not due to any effort on my part.  However, this time even though he couldn't help making it obvious he did manage to trick me.  I figured I was getting jewelry for Christmas (again after his unintentional slips of the tongue).  Since he took me around a few months ago to buy me a necklace for no reason which is unlike him, I thought maybe he was getting some ideas of what I like in jewelry to buy me a ring.  However, on Christmas after unwrapping the small box he stuck in the Christmas tree and opening the small jewelry box I discovered a pair of diamond earrings.  I have to admit I was a little disappointed (even though they are gorgeous) but didn't let it get to me.  Two days later though (12/27/12) he surprisingly proposed.  He later asked if I knew why he didn't do it on Christmas.  I actually didn't but he informed me that 4 years ago to the date was when we met/first spoke and he couldn't wait for the day which I count as our anniversary (which is our first date a month later).  :)  I can't describe how blessed I feel!

We're going to take a little time to embrace our engagement so for now I'm just browsing to see what style we might like.  I look forward to being a part of the knot community and to start planning soon though :)

Congratulations to all of the other newly engaged couples!!

Re: Asked to be his Mrs.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards