Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

Brides who used silk flowers

So I am trying to decide between silk and real flowers......is there anyone who used silk flowers that could share some pictures.  I just want to see how the silk flowers look the day off in professional pics.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: Brides who used silk flowers

• I haven't had my wedding yet, but I'm using silk flowers. I like the idea of using the flowers later in a display in our home or giving them away. It also allows you to get more creative with centerpieces ahead of time and is a lot less expensive for something that will die a few days later. People are going to know they aren't real, but I feel like that doesn't matter. I haven't heard of any problems with pictures either.

I don't know if that helps or not, but it's my opinion! :) Good luck!
  • i plan using silk also. i like the idea of keeping mine, and my laides want to keep theirs also. you just have to keep in my the texture and feel also make a big difference. really look long and hard for what you want and you will find it. there are specialty stores out there that are inexpensive. i have spent about 300 on all my flowers.
    Paige BabyFetus Ticker
  • I used silk for church decorations and centerpieces.  They were obviously silk but came out pretty nice IMO.  I did use real flowers for our bouquets and bouts, but that was my personal preference.  I will post pics if I can get it to work.
    imageAnniversary
  • I should have pics in the next few days.  I loved using silks in my bouquet(i'm really allergic) and people were shocked that they weren't real.

I'll post pics when i have them.
  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2009

I totally say use the silk flowers. I made the bouquets and centerpieces myself and saved sooooo much money. Plus I still have most of them (guests took off with some of them) as momentos, which was priceless to me. The first one was my bouquet obviously and the second and third ones were centerpieces as well as my bouquet again in the second pic. Hope the pics help!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My sister used them and I plan on doing the same thing. They look so REAL! I still have my bouquet and have put the flowers in a vase and people come by and believe they're real! We went to Hobby Lobby, so if you have one near you - go check them out. About every other week they have 50% off on flowers.
    This is my sister's bouquet

http://mrsdanielparsons.weebly.com Can't figure out the HTML stuff ^^ That's my bio!
  • I used silk and EVERYONE thought they were real.  Even my photographer who has shot literally hundreds of weddings had no clue they were fake.  They also photographed amazingly and look real in the photos.  Here is a closeup in one of my pro pics.

In short, I HIGHLY recommend going with the silks!  Even high quality silk flowers will likely be cheaper than live flowers, and you get the added bonus of keeping your bouquet as a keepsake after the wedding.  :-)
    TTC since January 2010
    BFP 5/9/10. U/S - no heartbeat 6/2/10 (7 weeks). Induced miscarriage 6/7/10.
    Chemical pregnancies 12/2/10, 1/3/11, and 2/7/11.
    dx: RPL due to poor quality uterine lining; begin progesterone January 2011
    BFP 3/10/11. EDD 11/19/11. E arrived 11/15/11!

Loss Blog | Life Blog

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I used silks for the centerpieces.  It worked out rather well since we wanted to cut costs.

•  
    I have to say that I was happy with the bridesmaids flowers but not with mine... and I would have gone with fresh if I were to do it again. I called only one florist to get prices for fresh and they told be like $150-200 for the bouquets pictured above. I talked to another florist later after those were done and she said she would have done the same ones for the same price i paid for the silk. If your doing it to save money, dont do it! But if your doing it so you can keep them for later, then I say go for it.
  • I was married in 2002 (it was annulled almost immediately), and I had silk flowers in a very traditional Catholic wedding.  I don't have any pictures, but they definitely looked real.  No one commented, and when some friends found out they were silk they were surprised.

I thought it would be nice to be able to keep them.

Now that I am planning my "real" wedding I am probably going to use the silk again. My partner is a little put off by the idea, but I'm going to put together the bouqet and show him.  I think he'll change his mind once he sees it.
  • I'm considering this as well for environmental reasons.  But from what I've seen of silk flowers, some are beautiful and look absolutely real, and some look like they belong on a plastic checkered tablecloth at a run-down diner.  Does anyone have suggestions for good sources for high-quality silk flowers?

Thanks!
  • My flowers are silk. They were done by http://www.angelsaccents.com/ and photographed by impactphotography.com (Jeremy)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cbhjr98/sets/72157623335580867/

They are awesome!

Cass
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My Ceremony Location - Scottish Castle

,p> save the date
  • http://www.angelsaccents.com/

check her out - she is awesome, just be specific about WHAT YOU LIKE about the flowers and they'll turn out even better than you think.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My Ceremony Location - Scottish Castle

,p> save the date
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards