Maine

shoe advice..

My dress is in! (yay.. see other post for pic :) ) but i guess i didnt realize that the length/my height really limited me on shoes.. has anyone else come across this problem?? 

So i went there with a pair of wedges on maybe 2 inch heel if that, and they are too tall and make the dress look too short.. so i think i may end up getting a pair of flat sandals.  We are getting married on the beach so the ceremony is all set being barefoot, but i need something to slip on for the reception.  I'd like to find a pair of dressy flip flop style shoes, not gladiator style, that have some sparkle or rhinestones to dress them up.  I found these ones online at VS but not sure if they are nice enough...

Any ideas/opinions??  what do your wedding shoes look like?

Anniversary

Re: shoe advice..

• edited December 2011
    What is your price range? 

These are mine (link).  I also bought these (link) when they were on sale in lime green, and I posted a while ago about trying to decide between them, but I tried wearing the wedges around the office and they are not as comfortable as I had hoped, so I might be returning them, or I may keep them as back up for the reception in case my feet just need a break from the kitten heels. 
  • Krista521Krista521 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    price range.. prob under $100 or so... depends on how much i love the shoes :)
    I loooove the lime green shoes, so fun!  I didnt realize i could get a pair of kitten heels like the other ones you are wearing.. i was so bummed when she said no heels so my mind when right to flip flops haha... i'll do some more searching.  That website is awesome by the way.. thanks for sharing!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Kitten heels could still be too tall for you.  Are you looking for a "bridal" shoe in white/ivory or something more colorful and nontraditional? 

Glad I could share endless with you...I order stuff from there and zappos a lot and just send back what doesn't work (free shipping both ways).  When I got the kitten heels, I ordered 3 or 4 other pairs to try out at the same time. 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

love the free shipping!  i think i may end up doing the same, i'll order a couple pairs i like and bring them to my alterations appt to try on with the dress. 

I think i want something more on the non-traditional side, but would be fine either way.  I'm not a big fan of in-between height heels personally, i like my shoes really high or a pair of flip flops... so i'm finding this shoe search to be more challenging than i thought!  I think if i can find kitten heels or a very small wedge that are about 1 inch in height, it would work.  The dress is just about perfect in height when im barefoot, so just a little heel would make sure it doesnt drag in the front. 

Ill be hunting zappos and endless.. let me know if you know of any other awesome shoe shopping sights. i've tried dsw, payless, macys, amazon.. so i guess the seach continues! Thanks for all your help!! 

Anniversary
  • hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got mine from searching on Amazon.com:

I also needed something flat because I got my dress in petite so it's the perfect lenght for my height.  I searched and searched and after spending, literally, a few hours on Amazon.com playing with different search options, I found exactly what I wanted.

I like what you posted.  I vote comfort over everything else!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    those shoes are super cute hcorrigan!! Love the red.

Ok so i ordered three pairs... hopefully one of them works! sorry for the copycat move jessicabessica!! They are cute and look like they would be comfy.  Plus the heel is only 1.5 inches.. so my fingers are crossed that's not too much!  The second pair is my back up, only 1/2 added in height and im sure they will be comfy.. and i loved the rosette detail :) Plus i could wear them again!  The last pair is the one i orginally picked out.. so we'll see what looks best.

thanks again for all the insight!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    So you got the same kitten heels?  They are fairly comfortable (way more comfortable than the other pairs I got), and I like the look of the heel, plus the toe is a nice shape.  I hope they work for you, too! 
  • hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love the flip flop style ones!  The big flower is pretty sweet!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • schadbourneschadbourne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    kirista 521 where are the flip flop with the big flower on the front from?
  • schadbourneschadbourne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i managed to be greedy and ask for me and not say yes i like the ones from VS.

Who is really gonna see your shoes if your dress is down to the floor anywho
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

very true! probably won't see the shoes.. it's for me i guess haha 
    The flip flop ones with the big flower, i ordered from Endless.com (thanks to the link from jessicabessica) They are nine west and i think they are called romantic or something like that.  i thought they were so cute and kinda bridal/beachy!

I ordered those and the kitten heels, hoping they would work, the heel is only 1.5 inches so if that doesnt work im going with the flip flops!

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards