Snarky Brides

Hey, does anyone want to talk about their period or Cordoba House?

I don't either.

It's Friday. What's everyone doing? Fun weekend plans? Good jokes? Anything?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Hey, does anyone want to talk about their period or Cordoba House?

• I'm going to impregnate you with my alien space baby. It will have horns and carry a record player at all times. His name is Cleo.
  • That's ridiculous. Cleo is a girl's name.
  • I don't know what Cordoba House is, and I already talked about my period, soooo, hey look!  A bunny!

We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • True story:

I took Medieval Islamic History the same semester I took Principles of Microeconmics. I kept getting my profits/prophets mixed up in my notes.
  • Cordoba House is the Islamic community center being built in NYC.

I like your bunny, Raynes!

What are you guys up to this weekend? My bachelorette party is tomorrow. I'm pretty excited.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hey-anyone-want-talk-their-period-cordoba-house?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9dee2a19-756b-400c-90cb-c1f39d5aeb35Post:495bd6e1-a895-4b8d-98ef-65891cac2333">Re: Hey, does anyone want to talk about their period or Cordoba House?</a>:
    [QUOTE]True story: I took Medieval Islamic History the same semester I took Principles of Microeconmics. I kept getting my profits/prophets mixed up in my notes.
    Posted by zippityb[/QUOTE]

That's awesome! I remember taking three poli sci classes at the same time and being completely confused about what material belonged to which class.

Also, FI is starting grad school tonight. I'm excited for him, but not so excited about not seeing him so much for the next two years.
  • Fuckoff. His name is Miss Cleo and he is something special. You should be honored to give birth to him.

So, what are you doing for your b party? I hope there will be lots of diicks.

• I've been working with my mom to get all of the food ready for tomorrow. What's that? You want to hear the menu again?

Brats, hamburgers, and steak kabobs on the grill
    Shrimp cocktail
    Potato Salad
    Guacamole
    7 layer dip
    Fruit bowl (watermelon, cantalope, grapes)

White cake
    Devils food with cherry icing and candy melt cake balls
    Chocolate with cherry icing and candy melt cake balls (gluten free)
    Chocolate with vanilla icing and candy melt cake balls (gluten free)

20 hours until party time!
  • Ohhhhh, I see.  ::points to self:  ignorant Canadian here!

I wish he was my bunny.  I always wanted a bunny.  He's the cutest one that came up when I googled "bunny".  I mean, thanks, I luff him.

What are you doing for your bachelorette?  I might get to leave early today.  I carpooled in and my H is on his way home, which means he'll pick me up.  Woo.  I'm picking up free meat tonight and going to a pig roast tomorrow.
  • katie, I like that there are nearly as many cake options as meat options.  Party win.
  • I stayed home from work today because I feel miserable, but it's sort of like a 3-day weekend. I'm getting a massage tomorrow, I've never had one before! For those of you who have had one- how much did you tip your masseuse? I have no idea how these things work.
  • Beer brats have been my latest obsession. I hope katie saves one for me.

My bridesmaids made sure that my b party was penis-free.
  • mara, I think it's normal tipping procedure?  Liiiiiike, 15%?
  • Free meat, huh? :)

Katiewhompus, no banana/cream cheese/chocolate cake balls?

So I just got back from the zoo and had a close encounter with a stray peacock that was trying to steal our Elmo crackers. She had a crazy look in her eye, I honestly was a little scared.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • So we don't get to talk about our periods?  Lame.

I might get to go to a baseball game tonight.  I like baseball :)
    panther
  • Cew, ok, fine. Damnit. I am honored to give birth to Miss Cleo.

Katie, yummmmmm. That menu should absolutely delish.

Raynes, I'm pretty sure most Americans wouldn't recognize the name and I hope you get to leave early!

For the bach party, I'm not QUITE sure. I know we're getting Irish food for dinner, there will be a 5 gallon bucket of margaritas in the van, everyone will get tanked and we'll go to a drag show. Should be fun!
  • That sounds like fun.  I had no idea what we were doing for my back party other than the fact that we were going to be in the city of my alma mater.
  • I kind of want to talk about how I miss you people. What's jivin people? Any one have anything heavy to talk about? NOT periods?

Little known fact - when CEW impregnated me with a baby t-rex the thing teethed while it was still in the womb. Cew acted like this was such a good idea but totally forgot to tell me that's what baby t-rexes do. You sould consult with her about all the ins and outs of alien pregnancy, miaf. I recall something about tasers and songs from the musical CATS being involved.
  • Also, I am against penis-free b-parties. To me, the point is to be ridiculously immature and embarassing to every one involved. Well, that and I like diick.
  • MIAF, you can't go wrong with margaritas in a van, have fun at your party!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh Kristi I forgot, the gluten free ones are actually
    Chocolate banana with cherry/vanilla. I used banana's instead of eggs (friend is allergic) and they actually came out really really well. I think I may like the gluten free cake mix better than the regular mix.
  • I had no choice with the lack of peen, they were anti-dong. They did make me a boobcake, though.
  • edited August 2010

Mara, I hope you feel better! I'm with Raynes on the tipping, 15-20%

M&M, well, now I'm scared. And I don't like the musical Cats!

So far, the only d1ck involved is drag queen d1ck and I'm not sure if that counts.

ETA: Thanks Kristi!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hey-anyone-want-talk-their-period-cordoba-house?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9dee2a19-756b-400c-90cb-c1f39d5aeb35Post:683f2b79-e16f-461f-8bb3-68794a88251e">Re: Hey, does anyone want to talk about their period or Cordoba House?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had no choice with the lack of peen, they were anti-dong. They did make me a boobcake, though.
    Posted by zippityb[/QUOTE]

This is a perfectly acceptable replacement.
  • I'm wearing a lei.

It's from my work bridal shower today, and honestly, I feel a little guilty about all the orchids that had to be flown here just to die to make it.  The bridal shower was fun though.

MIAF that sounds like a fabulous bach party.  You can't go wrong when there's margaritas involved. 
  • I ordered my anniversary cake today.  I'm excited.  Our wedding cake was sofreakingdelicious, I can't wait.
  • I have to read the Electrolyte Balance and Water chapter, Fill out some papers for scholarships and study for a medical terminology quiz. It's going to be loads of fun.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hey-anyone-want-talk-their-period-cordoba-house?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9dee2a19-756b-400c-90cb-c1f39d5aeb35Post:0f09eb92-2895-47a9-a9bd-e29d5bcba812">Re: Hey, does anyone want to talk about their period or Cordoba House?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I ordered my anniversary cake today.  I'm excited.  Our wedding cake was sofreakingdelicious, I can't wait.
    Posted by raynes[/QUOTE]

Flavor?
  • Thanks, pirate! How was your shower? What was your favorite thing?

Raynes, when is your anniversary?
  • You know what I crave when I drink a big bucket of margaritas? Irish food. They go together like sushi and milkshakes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards