Wisconsin

Let's Talk Cheese!

I need help :)  I want to throw together a hotel goody bag for my out of town guests.  I would love to include little things that have to do with Wisconsin, and cheese of course comes to mind!

So my question to the Wisconsin local board is if anyone knows where you can buy cheese in bulk, preferably individually wrapped and reasonable?  And of course, Wisconsin cheese would be preferred! I'm thinking a small little chunk of cheese, vacuum sealed.  

Ideas or suggestions?  Thank you in advance!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Let's Talk Cheese!

• Jim's Cheese Pantry in Waterloo or Wisconsin Cheese Mart would be my suggestions. I work for a cheese producer and both of these stores have a HUGE selection as well as knowledge. Jims will have the capability to make you custom size pieces or help you with what selections to make. Thier webstie just underwent a total overhaul and I don't know if their full selection is in the catalog or not. Just know hiw much you need and how much you are willing to spend :)
    May 2013 Brides February Siggy photo invitessiggy_zpscfc27989.jpg Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • There's the West Allis Cheese Shop or Mars Cheese Castle, though I would not expect either to be discounted in anyway, but since both carry so much, it's likely less expensive than smaller shops.
  • edited November 2012
    Turtleslove - thank you for the information - that helps me start somewhere!  I live north of Madison, so the Waterloo location is close!  I honestly have no idea on how much cheese usually runs, etc. I was hoping to keep the block of cheese to about $5.00 per guest bag so I could get a few filler items as well.  We'll likely have more than 30 out of town guests, so when you have a $10.00 hotel favor bag it will add up fast. But it's something we're budgeting for AND want to do for our guests :)  Is it even possible to do a sealed block of Wisconsin cheese that doesn't need to be refrigerated for less than $5.00 each?  Or am I out of my mind!!  See, I know NADA about cheeses!! :)  Oh, feel free to PM me if you wish.

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_lets-talk-cheese?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:118Discussion:c39067bc-6a88-4900-a13e-54f8c8d1a589Post:a093b1af-5650-4fed-b5a6-df2f94159d2e">Re: Let's Talk Cheese!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jim's Cheese Pantry in Waterloo or Wisconsin Cheese Mart would be my suggestions. I work for a cheese producer and both of these stores have a HUGE selection as well as knowledge. Jims will have the capability to make you custom size pieces or help you with what selections to make. Thier webstie just underwent a total overhaul and I don't know if their full selection is in the catalog or not. Just know hiw much you need and how much you are willing to spend :)
    Posted by turtleslove[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't have tips about where to buy cheese north of Madison, but if you are looking for options that don't need refridgerating, I think cheese curds would work.  Grocery stores frequently have non-refridgerated cheese curds on display for purchase.  And cheese curds are much squeakier when not refridgerated!  You can also definitely buy a bag for less than $5.
  • <div>Thank you - yes cheese curds are definitely an option! :)</div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_lets-talk-cheese?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:118Discussion:c39067bc-6a88-4900-a13e-54f8c8d1a589Post:e9d1c18b-e58a-4a2f-9591-8382e2b66c4a">Re: Let's Talk Cheese!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't have tips about where to buy cheese north of Madison, but if you are looking for options that don't need refridgerating, I think cheese curds would work.  Grocery stores frequently have non-refridgerated cheese curds on display for purchase.  And cheese curds are much squeakier when not refridgerated!  You can also definitely buy a bag for less than $5.
    Posted by libby2483[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_lets-talk-cheese?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:118Discussion:c39067bc-6a88-4900-a13e-54f8c8d1a589Post:546b979e-2efc-4cee-aee7-fd02b2eff42f">Re: Let's Talk Cheese!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Turtleslove - thank you for the information - that helps me start somewhere!  I live north of Madison, so the Waterloo location is close!  I honestly have no idea on how much cheese usually runs, etc. I was hoping to keep the block of cheese to about $5.00 per guest bag so I could get a few filler items as well.  We'll likely have more than 30 out of town guests, so when you have a $10.00 hotel favor bag it will add up fast. But it's something we're budgeting for AND want to do for our guests :)  Is it even possible to do a sealed block of Wisconsin cheese that doesn't need to be refrigerated for less than $5.00 each?  Or am I out of my mind!!  See, I know NADA about cheeses!! :)  Oh, feel free to PM me if you wish. n Response to Re: Let's Talk Cheese! :
    Posted by deeda77[/QUOTE]

Just PM'd you :)
    May 2013 Brides February Siggy photo invitessiggy_zpscfc27989.jpg Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2012
    Turtleslove - just sent you a PM!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards