Maryland-Baltimore

In search of a good seamstress

Hi ladies,

I am on the hunt for a good seamstress in the Baltimore area (I am in Ellicott City) and/or some information. I currently have an alterations appt at David's Bridal in Glen Burnie, which is where I bought my dress, but I've recently heard a couple of stories that made me nervous. Does anyone have any experience with them, good or bad? 

Or, does anyone know of a great seamstress in the Baltimore area they could recommend? My dress doesn't need to be taken in much, but I am having a corset back put in and I need an over bustle as well. Not sure how difficult either of these things are to do, but I'm assuming anyone who works with wedding dresses can do it? 

Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated!

Re: In search of a good seamstress

• I should add, I am getting married May 26th. I realize this is a little last minute, but I honestly didn't think twice about using DB until now. 
  • I know a lot of ppl on here recommend Diana Adams, shes located in Glen Burnie.
    Here is her website, which does give pricing.
    http://www.marylandseamstress.com/

I got my dress from DB, but since I still have time, and not much is needed for my dress I dont know if I will get them done there or not.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I would definitely recommend Sheryl Kelm. She's doing my alterations and is extraordinarily reasonable. There's a bunch of other ladies that would recommend her also. This is her email:kelmdesigner@comcast.netBest of luck!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland-baltimore_in-search-of-a-good-seamstress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:85Discussion:390f87bb-cd04-46fb-ac02-fc4cd4b760e9Post:d67b981c-48cb-4ce3-9e4b-3f67926337d4">Re: In search of a good seamstress</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would definitely recommend Sheryl Kelm. She's doing my alterations and is extraordinarily reasonable. There's a bunch of other ladies that would recommend her also. This is her email: kelmdesigner@comcast.net Best of luck!
    Posted by colli459[/QUOTE]

I also recommend Sheryl. She did my alterations plus she made my BM dresses. She is amazing at what she does. However, with such short notice I am not sure if she will have anything open. I would definitely contact her ASAP!
    KStar Design.com
    Fluffy
    ***TTC Buddies w/ Monkey1018 & TTC/GP BFF w/ Jeep Doll***
    **GP Lucky Charm: TheDeatons**
  • Sheryl is complely booked through the end of June. I was so disappointed. She recommended a lady named Ivalyn Actie. I have an appt with her the end of April.
    www.dressed2atee.blogspot.com
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards