South Carolina-Charleston

Flowers

Any one have any recommendations for a florist in Charleston. We're on a tight budget, Just getting bouquets/corsages/bouts, no floral arrangements for decorations? I just got quoted double my budget from one florist!!

Re: Flowers

• Purple&7Purple&7 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went with OK Florist, they were reasonable and have been easy to work with.
  • ScMOBScMOB member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

We had Diane Thrower Weddings do our daughter's wedding.  Diane was an absolute gem to work with, even when we had to change the date of the wedding due to my son-in-law's military service.  We made my daughter's bouquet exactly like she wanted, decorated for the reception and then came back and cleaned up after.  I thought her pricing was very reasonable, she is out of Summerville, so I think her prices are lower than some of the more expensive Charleston florists.   I don't think you would be disappointed!

http://dianethrower.com

• MoochieMCH2MoochieMCH2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married on 3/3/12 and using Branch Design Studio (http://branchdesignstudio.com/)

Whitney is a total sweetheart and works out of her home so her overhead may be a little bit lower.  (At least, that is what my venue coordinator told me when she recommended her!)

I don't know how many attendants you're having, but that plays a big part of it.  Here's what my numbers look like:

bride's bouquet: $165
    bridesmaid bouquets (6): $372
    grooms bout: $18
    other bouts (9 total): $162
    corsages (7): $140
    total: $857

But that's a fairly large wedding party + lots of parents.

• edited December 2011
    We used First Bloom and found her to be pretty inexpensive, and we we very happy with my bouquet and bouts. My calla lily bouquet was $75, and calla lily bouts were $8.50.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Whole Foods (it's in Mount Pleasant). I have a bride's bouquet, 2 bridesmaids, 5 bouts, and 2 corsages for about $266. 
  • Thanks,  Has any one used Pretty Petals in Summerville?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards