Ohio-Cincinnati

Hocking Hills - Mini Moon?

Hey fellow Knotties! Has anyone ever been to Hocking Hills? My fiancé and I may be looking into taking a mini moon to save some $$ for now, then take our honeymoon later. Hocking hills looks pretty fantastic, log cabins and zip lines, golf courses etc... Has anyone ever stayed here? If so where, what did you do etc... I'd love to hear about it from someone that's actually been here.
196 Invited image
104 Ready to Rock! image
92 Party Poopers image
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hocking Hills - Mini Moon?

• I have been to Hocking Hills twice and love it! My first trip was during the summer and we dd a lot of hiking which was awesome. Tons of trails, caves and stuff to see. Great time of year to do campfires at night and hang out in the hot tub. My second trip was during the enter for a bachelorette party. We stayed at the cabin the whole time but still really enjoyed the scenery, hot ton, and awesome cabin. I highly recommend it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thanks! Do you remember the name of the cabinsnyou stayed in??
    196 Invited image
    104 Ready to Rock! image
    92 Party Poopers image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Here is the cabin we stayed in most recently, when I went for the bachelorette party. It is REALLY nice and HUGE! This one is just off the road, but its not a busy road by any means so its still really dark and quiet at night.

http://www.corbancabingetaways.com/

And here is the cabin that I stayed in several years ago when we went during the summer....also lots of space and nice. This one is set back off the main drive.

http://www.tranquilretreatcabins.com/A_Frame_Cabin.htm
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My FI's parents went there recently for a weekend & they absolutely loved it! It was chilly when they went (in the fall), but they still had a great time. They did the zip-lining, hiked some caves, & just relaxed in the hot tub at night. They also went to some of the shops that are in town but weren't huge fans of those, so they didn't spend much time there. My FMIL said her favorite part was sitting on the porch swing in the morning, drinking coffee, & reading a book. Sounds pretty relaxing to me :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This is exactly what my FI and I are doing! His mom and stepDad go up there all the time and they were telling us about it and it sounded really great. I don't know many details because he booked it and is keeping it a secret but I am excited and so is he. I think it is a great idea!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards