Students

Finals?

Does everyone have finals this week or next? We have dead week this week and then finals. If so, GOOD LUCK! And hold on. It'll be over soon. :)

I know we have some graduating this semester, right? It's almost over! You're almost there. Hold on!
Pregnancy Ticker
2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books

Re: Finals?

• Our finals aren't for a couple of weeks - I only have one and it's on May 24th.  good luck!

Kind of off topic, but I wish we'd gotten a dead week in college, we only got one day.  I invariably had at least one final on the first day with very little time to study!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My finals start this Thursday. I have an online exam to take sometime between Friday and Sunday, then I have a paper to write (as an exam), and two actual finals on May 3rd and 4th. I'm only really worried about one of them but can't wait to be done!! Then, I have two weeks off before summer classes.. ugh.

Hang in there girls!!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I have two more weeks of classes then finals. But finals week is usually a relief after the the last week of actual class. Most of my classes have papers or presentations that are assigned instead of a final so by the time finals roll around I'm usually done.

• I'm the same, dead week this week and finals next week. But it's really all downhill from here. Apparently at my college dead week means cram two weeks of work into the week before, so dead week is mostly recooperating from the last week of actual classes. 
    I'm so ready for classes to be done, but I'm not looking forward to summer --> FI and I are 2 hours apart for the summers and now with all the wedding planning/ showers and my sister graduating hs/ and two weddings that we're in on top of ours, I have 4 open Saturdays between now and when classes start again the last week in August, and busy weekends means not being able to make the drive to see each other. gah! Anyone else have temporary LDR like this? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ours are next week. And I actually had one final today because the teacher wanted to get it over with. But next week is going to be crazy having 3 finals on Monday.  Wish me luck and best of luck to everyone else.

Before we know it it'll be summer time!
  • I have finals next week. They shouldn't be too bad though!! We're so close to summer!
  • The dead week between class and finals is the greatest invention ever. Ours starts this coming Monday. Of course, the trade off is that we actually have finals on the Saturday afterwards (May 7th, in this case). Getting up at 9am on a Saturday to take an exam is NOT fun!

Good luck to everyone graduating! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • Mine are all Thursday and then I get a week off of class before my next one starts.
  • We technically only get one day, which they can use for classes if we miss too many days because of snow or whatever.

Today was my last day of undergrad classes EVER.  Tomorrow is technically our dead day, and then finals run Wednesday through Tuesday, with nothing on Saturday/Sunday.  I only have three - one on Friday and then two on Monday.

We have Senior Week events starting next Wednesday, and graduation next Saturday!!

Good luck to everyone on finals!
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_finals?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:684Discussion:43053645-9e11-4e83-9589-c14be533d56bPost:fd874d69-d086-46fb-a0be-bb4cc4e1a818">Re: Finals?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our finals aren't for a couple of weeks - I only have one and it's on May 24th.  good luck!<strong> Kind of off topic, but I wish we'd gotten a dead week in college, we only got one day.  I invariably had at least one final on the first day with very little time to study!
    </strong>Posted by LauraT25[/QUOTE]

we got the weekend =(  last class friday, finals on monday

i have nothing left to do but graduate
  • What is dead week? I am assuming it is a week before finals where there are no classes? No tests?

My school doesn't have this, I have classes this week and the next and then it is finals week.  I have one final during finals week but I have a butt-ton of exams and papers and projects crammed into these next two weeks.

I need to push through so I can graduate!!!
  • Our schedule was weird, we had class Monday and Tuesday, Wednesday off, then finals started Thursday.  So not even a weekend.

Most of my classes had some sort of big project/presentation during the last week of classes, so it was a pain trying to find time to study for finals while getting those done.  I used to think I'd gladly take exams on Saturday and Sunday to get an extra couple of days to study (particularly the year that I had three finals in the first 50 hours), but of course it would have sucked regardless.  In the end, though, no matter what your school does, it's awesome when it's over!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_finals?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:684Discussion:43053645-9e11-4e83-9589-c14be533d56bPost:32b7cc67-9d8e-4060-b22c-a313aefcdff7">Re: Finals?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>What is dead week? I am assuming it is a week before finals where there are no classes? No tests?</strong> My school doesn't have this, I have classes this week and the next and then it is finals week.  I have one final during finals week but I have a butt-ton of exams and papers and projects crammed into these next two weeks. I need to push through so I can graduate!!!
    Posted by amsybot[/QUOTE]

This
  • "Dead week" varies from campus to campus. It's generally just the week before finals. Some campuses actually have a week that's dead, meaning no classes, no exams, no new material. Other campuses (like my own) still have classes, but it's supposed to be a wrap up period with no new material and no exams.

Everyone jokes that our dead week isn't actually dead.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Boo.  Someone tell my school about that.  I had new material up until the last day of classes. Bah.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I wish we had dead week! We finish on Wednesday and start finals on Saturday. I'm in the middle of finals week, but I finish tomorrow! Then graduation on Saturday and starting Grad school on the 9th!  Ready to be done!!
  • I started finals yesterday =(.  But only two more finals tomorrow and one take home exam due tomorrow and I am finished!  Until grad school that is...but only five more days until graduation I can't wait! =)
    December 2011 siggy challenge- favorite pic of Me and FI
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My finals start next week, but we have our last day of class Monday. Of Course they scheduled my finals (2 of them) on the last day of classes. Then they scheduled mine the last two days of exam week. :( Good luck everyone <3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards