Ohio-Columbus
Options

Breakfast for dinner?

Hi everyone,   
    My fiance and I are entertaining the idea of serving "Breakfast for dinner" for our August 2013 wedding. Our colors include orange and I thought I could put oranges in glass hurricanes for the centerpieces, serve screwdrivers and mimosas during cocktail hour, and so forth to run with the breakfast "theme". We both adore breakfast foods anytime of the day and thought "why not serve our favorite meal to our guests as well?"  The chef at our venue is totally on board and has come up with a pretty awesome menu.  Breakfast is a very vegetarian friendly meal, but we can easily throw steak or spiral sliced ham into the menu as well. Our reception is on a Saturday evening, so guests will definitely be expecting traditional dinner foods.

Just out of curiosity, if you went to a wedding where breakfast was served for dinner would you be disappointed, turned off... and worst of all, left hungry?

Re: Breakfast for dinner?

• Options
    I LOOOOOOVE breakfast, so I would be excited.

However I think you'd find a lot of people put off by the idea, especially older people. You should pose this question to your mother or maybe grandmothers and see how they react.
  • Options
    I'm suddenly glad that I didn't think of this, my fiance and his parents are he kind of people who make breakfast EVERYDAY (like, waffles and pancakes).I think it'd be so much fun, as long as it's not a super formal wedding. I do know some people, like my stepdad, who wouldn't be totally on board. It might not lead to a lot of dancing, I always feel really tired and bloaty after breakfast foods even though I love them. I agree with PP that you should run it by some older relatives. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think breakfast for dinner is a great idea and I love that it's personal to you and your finace!! My theory is, do what you and your fiance want. It's so hard (and impossible) to please everyone...even with a traditional dinner menu, so I say, please yourselves and everyone else will deal. Plus, there are a lot of breakfast options that include meat or fish (salmon hash with poaches eggs or the spirled slices ham/steak option), so it feels less more like a dinner for those who are looking for that. 
    Again, if its special and meaningful to you and your fiance, that's all that matters.
  • Options
    Im not a breakfast person at all, but ithas such a wide variety that i dont think you could go wrong! its your day, do what you want! and how can you go wrong with mimosas!!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards