Not Engaged Yet

Help with shoes, please!

The majority of my comfy summer clothes are dresses, maxi and shorter. 

Normally, I wear flat sandals with them.

But I"m taking a trip in a few weeks and I plan to be walking/standing a lot more than usual and my feet/ankles tend to start hurting within a couple hours in flat sandals or shoes. 

So I'm wondering if there is some kind of comfy/supportive shoes that would require little to no breaking in that would also look cute with maxi dresses? Anyone have any ideas?

ETA: I might settle for the comfiest flippy floppies ever, so rec your faves if you have some.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Help with shoes, please!

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I find TOMS Shoes to be really really comfortable... I wore them walking around Florida for 4 days earlier this year & my feet didn't hurt once. Also, TOMS is a really good cause, which doesn't hurt :)

• alanna91alanna91 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to second rdr716's suggestion of Toms.

But I also love my Birkenstock Madrid's. They come in a ton of different patent leather colors so they'd look cute in dresses. They did hurt a little breaking in, but it didn't last long. Birkenstock has a ton of different sandals that wouldn't hurt as much breaking in (two strapped sandals would need no breaking in). Check out the Sydney, Gizeh, Mayari styles! Zappos has them cheaper and free shipping too :)
    White Knot
  • MLekathLEENMLekathLEEN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try looking at born or boc. I bought a pair of flats and they're so comfy. Unlike most flats I own, they actually do have some support. They have some cute wedge sandals too.
  • edited December 2011
    I am usually not a crocs girl, but my mom swears by them 

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • IrishDreamerIrishDreamer member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
  • becunning2becunning2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out born and clarks. They have some really cute sandals that are comfortable with great arch support.
  • SKP82SKP82 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Desert - Fit Flops are the best!  I was having problems with my feet for awhile (standing or walking for long periods would make them hurt!).  I started wearing these, and I have not had a single problem.

I own two pairs and they really go with everything.

CLICKY <-- These are a really cute pair.

CLICKY <--- These are called the "Walk Star" and are great for walking long distances.

I know they're pricey for sandals, but they're worth every penny IMO.

ETA: Oh, and there was no breaking in period!

E(again)TA: This site has some great deals on them.  CLICKY

And, I want these!  How cute!

IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Chaco sandals. Trust me, you will love them!  They have awesome arch support and require no breaking in. I love mine and they last forever! Plus they come in cute designs.
  • desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

Oooh, lots to look at! Thanks!

Sorry about the post and run. Got distracted. Damn work! :)

I like the Gizeh Birkenstocks. I have kind of chambray blue maxi dress, and the other two are black and white prints, one of which also has a bit of gray/blue. What color do you think would be best? I'd be totally open to the vegan Birko-flor, but I'm not sure whether it or the leather would be most comfortable. Thoughts?

I also like the Crocs Sea linked, but alas, out of stock in my size. And, I'm not sure if closed-toe flats are the right look with long dresses? What do y'all think? I'd love a pair of Tom's. Maybe I need a comfy pair of sandals AND a comfy pair of flats?

I guess probably I don't know until I try them, but I'm a little short on time and don't want to spend too much.

Also, these Keens look great, but I'm worried about the elastic for the heel strap -- the reviews below mention it's too loose/wore out too fast. Worth the risk or avoid:
    http://www.zappos.com/keen-emerald-city-3-point-black

• CASK85CASK85 member
    edited December 2011
    zappos is good because you can buy a bunch and send the ones you don't like back free of charge and you have over a year to send them. Seriously look into Chacos. I swear by them - I walk everywhere and my feet never hurt. I live in these things as long as the weather is above 55˚F.  :)
    edited December 2011
    I like these Chacos:

http://www.zappos.com/chaco-zx-2-vibram-yampa-black

What do you think? Will they look okay with long dresses?

• motoLynmotoLyn member
    edited December 2011
    I will swear by Rainbow flip flops!  They mold to your feet and have an arch support. I live in my rainbows and wear them every where to work when I can.  Anyways I live close to the rainbow outlet where they sell them at like half the price of what you can get them retail.  Get me your size and I can ship them to you!  I stand by them so well that I'll pay for shipping!

Rainbows <---- clicky
  • edited December 2011
    i love the munro madeline's i believe is the name, they are super comfy but pretty expensive i think my dad had them in his store.they are dressy and casual
    Munro Madeline, Black Leather and Stretch - SOLD OUT

Anniversary

edited December 2011
    Dammit, now I have too many options! Gah! Indecisive, party of ME.

• edited December 2011
    Reef flip flops are what I swear by... I get a new pair every other summer.

BTW... check your email :)

www.nurseyk.weebly.com
  • Ollie08Ollie08 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_shoes-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2538c20d-7bbc-4347-9e0c-247cad35353ePost:c68ae4f3-e8ec-422a-bdb7-e77b69e4212a">Re: Help with shoes, please!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Reef flip flops are what I swear by... I get a new pair every other summer. BTW... check your email :)
    Posted by NurseyK[/QUOTE]
    I live in Reefs!!!! They're the best. ever.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• alanna91alanna91 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Desert, I have Birko-flor and I'm not exaggerating when I say they're the most comfortable sandals I've ever worn. I haven't worn leather Birks before, however I just read that Birko-flor is supposed to be "softer, silkier, and lighter" than leather. It also makes them like $30-$40 cheaper because leather is so expensive. And of course, they're cruelty-free and I know you're also a vegetarian (I think, right?) which is definitely a plus.

I think the silver, onyx, or antique lace would be best with blues, blacks, and whites. The antique lace is so pretty. Or you could just get black patent so it could go with any color you chose to wear. I'm kind of boring like that.

There's a big fan club behind Birks too, which shows how awesome of a product it is. They're pricier, but they last forever. Decades, some...although I'm not sure how hygienic that is. :)
    White Knot
    edited December 2011
    Nursey -- replied!

I do love my Reefs and my current pair is kinda old, so I could for sure go for a new pair, but...this is gross... don't judge me... I have sweaty feet and the black rubs off. BUT it might be good to pick up a new pair just in case another pair starts to rub the wrong way.

I am seriously considering the patent or plain black Birko-Flor Birkenstocks.

I'm kinda torn between the Birks or the Chacos...

The Chacos have that weird plastic thingy instead of a buckle, and they def have that "hiking" look, but I think they might be more comfy than the Birkenstocks?

I am chronically indecisive, so help me decide, pretty please!!!

• CASK85CASK85 member
    edited December 2011
    My chacos are flip flops, so I can't speak to the buckle, but I think that style you picked is cute! The purple ones are my fave and I think you wouldn't see the buckle with a long dress. Do eeeet! I swear you'll love them or I'll buy them off you :) I'm a size 9
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards