South Carolina-Charleston

inexpensive ceremony/receptions sites...

Does anyone know of any inexpensive ceremoney & Receptions sites?
I booked a place but I got laid off a few months ago and it took a HUGE chunk out of my wedding budget. Now I need to find something less expensive..
Please help!!!

Re: inexpensive ceremony/receptions sites...

• SCJess85SCJess85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try the charleston yacht club, its only 1500 for saturdays and 900 for sundays (we are getting married the sunday before labor day) and they have a deck you can get married on on the marina( its a couple hundred extra for the deck). Also check into the Harbor Grille! Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    i'd also look into Eye Level Art- they are a newer venue but are even more reasonable than the Yacht Club... I think they are $950 to rent.
  • katydid2014katydid2014 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I don't know how big your wedding is but we are using the Confederate Home on Broad St for the ceremony, which is 675 for 3 hours, and then going to McCrady's restaurant for the reception, they charge 150 room rental.  We are only have 30 guests.  Also, Dock Street Theatre is 450 I believe for a rental fee, and you would book that through the City of Charleston. 
  • nfguthrienfguthrie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might also check out the Children's Museum of the Lowcountry--it's a little random, but they have a garden you could have the ceremony in and I think the rental fee is under $1000
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everybody, I'll have to check into those places!!
    I may just get married in my parents backyard tho. It'll save a lot of money that I could put towards other things!
  • edited December 2011
    I know I'm a little late here, but I wanted to add that I also had my reception at the Long Room in McCrady's last October.  It was a wonderful experience and the room rental was far lower than I thought I would ever find in the historic district.  Only thing is the food is pretty expensive (over $5,000 for seated dinner and apps, not including the bar or tip, for 60 guests), but it was amazing and people are still raving about it!  Also, the room is beautiful so I definitely save money on decoration.  I also paid $10 per car for parking at the Prioleau Street deck (not required to rent McCrady's; it just wasn't something I wanted my guests to pay for)  .  I still think it's an amazing bang for your buck, just wanted to let you know it may not end up being as cheap as you originally think it will be.  It wasn't for me, but I still have no regrets.  :)
  • md8384md8384 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also looking into these inexpensive sites- Just engaged this weekend, looking to get married in a few months! We have looked at a few sites, everything seems expensive, but these are some great ideas! Thanks!

short Engagement!
  • kcoles13kcoles13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also look into Wannamaker County Park in North Charleston, they have I believe two banquet rooms that seats about 200-300 guests and they also have some space outside that your guests could enjoy if you so choose. I think they told me rental fee was about $875. Its under 1,000 for sure (or at least that's what is was when I called them in February. Depending on your guest size (smaller is always cheaper), there may be some hotel banquet rooms that have an inexpensive rental fee. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards