June 2012 Weddings

Monday Checks!

What has everyone been up to?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Monday Checks!

• These were all weekend checks!
    We had our marriage retreat weekend, for pre-cana, we had a blast and meet some amazing couples! FI and I were also asked to help with / talk at next years weekend! Super excited already for this :)
    Also FI found his tux and GM's - only 3 hours at the store... but they all look great! Booked a shopping date with my MOM, FMIL and my grandmother to go get all there dresses March 24 :) Can't wait, they are all going to look stunning! Also finalized the booking for our videography this weekend. The only things I have left is my DIY invites that I will finish this weekend, as well as making the wine for our favours. Hope everyone had fab weekends!

image 220 Are ready to party!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • -Our calligrapher mailed us our finished envelopes and they arrived over the weekend.. they turned out so perfect!

-My MOH said the bachelorette and shower invites are addressed and sealed and ready to be sent..... SO exciting!!

-My church is planning and April shower for me!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have my hair trial and final fitting today! WOO HOO!!! Sorry I'm a tad excited ;)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_monday-checks-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:8f3cbed4-16dc-4f86-a477-df1809cb115ePost:2d4a634a-254c-49fa-8703-cf7ff72eeb46">Re: Monday Checks!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have my hair trial and final fitting today! WOO HOO!!! Sorry I'm a tad excited ;)
    Posted by Zimsgirl[/QUOTE]

Share pics please!! :)
    image 220 Are ready to party!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I picked out my shower invites with my aunt last night and spray painted my centerpieces sliver.

Pics please Zim :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    June 2012 April Siggy Challenge: Rings
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • This weekend one of my bridesmaids, MOH and I went shopping for their shoes and jewlery. I thought it was going to be a hard process but it ended up being very easy. We all agreed pretty quickly and I love the stuff we got for them. I'm also so happy to have these two checks done now! There's some pictures of what he ended up getting.

• Will do! My sister also has her first fitting for her BM dress! We're a little worried because she ordered a smaller size (she was right at it) so it'd be motivation to lose weight and she hasn't lol. My mom has to work but she's paying for their alterations and she was like yep Lauren told me she hasn't lost weight for it
  • My mom and I took Grandma out to find her a dress. Meanwhile I found awesome deals one a couple dresses for showers and RD.

Cappadocia, Turkey
    June 2012 March Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon location
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 215 Invited so far!
    image 160 Are ready to party!
    image 30 Will be missing out!
    image 25 Are MIA!
  • -I bought socks for FI and his GM (Thanks again, Amber!)
    -I finally ordered the brooch for MOH's dress and the hankies for the parents
    -FMIL bought her dress on Saturday

This week we'll be picking up my mom's dress and I go for my first fitting!

• Even though I'm sick, I did manage to get out and get envelopes for the invites.  This week I'll be on the couch addressing them all and stuffing them once I get stamps (also hopefully this week).
  • Engagement pics FINALLY done!!  Now I can't wait to see them.
    Had a planning meeting on Friday so we will be hitting the wedding stuff pretty hard from now until the end of March.
    Tonight we are assembling the invites!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My bridal headband is supposed to arrive today! I hope I can get out of work early enough to make it home before the office closes to pick it up. Our complex office is supposed to be open until 5 but they usually cut out at like 4:45; it really pisses me off.

Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Great checks!!

@Jessica- Loove the shoes!!

@Harper- Your dress pics are sassy! Super cute!!

Our weekend checks:

FI parents made the final payment on the cruise. Now we get to officially register today!!

2JBM dress ordered now 1 more to go and the flower girl this weekend. Hopefully know ex-momma drama to stop me from picking up my nieces..fingers crossed!:-)

FI and I finished another exercise in our marriage counseling book...class begins March 24th so we'll be prepared!

Plan to order invitations today!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • -met with the venue to go over food, drinks, set up of the venue, etc.  We are going with peppered steak, garlic mashed potatoes, chicken parmasean, fetuccine, salad, rolls, chicken nuggets and macaroni (for the kids).  We also decided we will host beer and wine. 
    -purchased suits for the twins (FI had to have a pinstripped suit and wanted the boys to match.  It was a pain to find one similar to his in a 4t).
    - purchased flower girl dress
    -ordered my shoes
    -addressed all invitation envelopes.  Hoping to get them stuffed this weekend!

to do:
    -call and get quotes from DJ's
    -bridal party transportation
    -work on table numbers
    Kelsey and Andrew 6/23/12 216 image Invited
    0 image Are ready to party
    0 image Missing out
    190 image Making me wait (tick tock)

RSVP Date: 5/15/12
  • I got my first fitting scheduled for next Monday the 19th!  So excited!  I haven't seen my dress since May!  Let's hope it still fits lol!
  • My weekend checks:
    - ordered our invitations (yay!)
    - got the wedding bracelet I ordered from etsy
    - bought the shoes I THINK I'll be wearing
  • Added some material that matches Groom's kilt to my guest book to give it a little color.

Before:

After

Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Our wedding date is June 2, 2012

104 invited 77 accepted! 27 can't make it Finally tracked down the procrastinators!

• We bought our wedding bands last weekend!  I had to order it in the right size, which will take about 4 weeks, but it is so beautiful I wish I could wear it now- is it bad luck to wear your band before the wedding?
    My best friend's mom volunteered to address my invites for free so I'm meeting her this weekend for the hand off.  Also put in the order for our cake today.

Here it is with my engagement ring...

• We bought our wedding bands last weekend!  I had to order it in the right size, which will take about 4 weeks, but it is so beautiful I wish I could wear it now- is it bad luck to wear your band before the wedding?
    My best friend's mom volunteered to address my invites for free so I'm meeting her this weekend for the hand off.  Also put in the order for our cake today.

Here it is with my engagement ring...

• edited March 2012

Started painting the dowels for the ribbon wands.

Finalized the invitation design! :-)

Going shopping for mob and bm jewelry after work today!

I hope we will order our photostrip sleeves for the photobooth tonight!

We also went on Saturday to our jeweler to get our wedding bands made. We decided to get fiance a white gold band. He wants something very plain. Originally we were going to go with palladium, but due to his allergies we were told to go with white gold. Lucky enough he isn't allergic to nickel otherwise he would have to wear a yellow gold band which wouldn't be awful, but wouldn't match my set.

• My printer has been on overdrive the last few days finishing invitations and inserts.

FMIL ordered her dress & two BMs picked up their dresses.

Bought some new clothes and a larger upright suitcase at great sales.

We spent most of the weekend with family for a funeral so I'm hoping to make up for it with my productivity this week!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 284 Invited so far!
    image 173 Are ready to party!
    image 94 Will be missing out!
    image 17 Are MIA!
  • NWR:  We are putting an offer in on the house we looked at on Saturday.  It took a lot of convincing but finally FI agreed.  We had to move fast (and he doesn't like that) because there was another offer.
    June 2012 Siggy Challenge: Invitations
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Planning Updated 02.08.12
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image 134 Invited!
    image 94 Are making the trek South
    image 39 Won't be able to make it
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • So not really wedding check but a honeymoon check, we finally decided which night we are going to attend the Rodeo in Cody. Its supposed to be a huge one the week of the 4th. I am excited.

Wedding related, just waiting on a box that contains my invites so I can start putting them together soon.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Tonight I'm working addressing our return envelopes that the response cards come back in.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Started dating: 10/25/05 My 21st birthday & our engagement: 3/13/10 The first day of the rest of our lives: 6/9/12
  • I picked up our invites from the printer today! They turned out greeat! Now if I could only get these darn address labels to print right. I may have to find another alturnative that is cheaper than a calligrapher.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards