Wisconsin
Options

What do you do for pictures?

What do people do for pictures on their wedding?

I know my family and friends will be taking picturess during the wedding but I still think I want to hire somebody to do it professionally. I am looking for someone local that can provide nice pictures for a decent (low) price. Do photographers offer to put the pictures on cds so you can print your own? How long do photographers typically stay?

Re: What do you do for pictures?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It really depends on what photographer you go with and the packages they offer. FI hates getting his picture taken and did not want to spend a lot of money on a photographer. We found out photographer on CL(lucky for us), and for 8 hours and 2 photographers it's about $700. This includes the rights to all the phtos. 

We don't have to go through her for prints but not every picture will be edited. She will edit all the ones that we would like edited and I will do the rest.  
  • Options
    CanariesCanaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    which photographer did u go thru for only 700??
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This was our photographer.  He did a great job and his pricing is a little flexible (he will reduce the cost if you don't want engagement photos, etc)  His price includes a cd. 
    http://adamtphotography.com/
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    www.brendakayphotography.com is very good as well. She is very new, and that is why her pricing is so low, but she does an amazing job for being new. Check her out!
  • Options
    MelissaSavinMelissaSavin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    With Photography I truly believe you get what you pay for.  My fiance and I are small free lance photographers and wouldn't consider doing a wedding as it is a lot of work.

Our photographer is KK Photography based out of Wind Lake.  They travel all over and do such a great job.  Several of our friends used them for their wedding.

They spell out their pricing in three different packages with different things you can add or remove from them.  When I lost my day job, I called Kathy, the owner and she worked with me on my contract with her and adjusted the deposit.  We are not getting prints but are getting a disc and online access for our friends and family.

I highly recommend them.

KK Photography
    http://www.kkphotography.com/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    berninge1berninge1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    if you are in the Madison/Milwaukee area try a woman named Jen Groetzinger.. you can find her on FB, or her website www.jengroetzinger.com. Very affordable, very cool pictures. She tries to capture pictures that remind you of a certain moment, a feeling. very good. She also just gives you the CD with the edited pictures and you can do what you want with them as far as printing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards