Offbeat Weddings
Options

tattoo station for rockabilly wedding

My fiance and I are having a rockabilly wedding since we're both very into the styles of the 50's, I love old school pin ups, I've got a love of all things old school tradition tattoos and we met in a tattoo shop I used to work in on my day off for a mutual friends tatto we were thinking of setting up a small 'tattoo shop' at our reception.

It would be a table in a corner with tattoos and the tools needed for them. I'd love to do this as an ode to the way my FI and I met and where our relationship began. I'm just wondering how to do this so it isn't just a table with a sheet over it.

Does anyone have any cool idea's for me? I'm thinking of printing out Sailor Jerry flash tattoo posters and framming them to decorating the area and maybe making a sign that says 'Clark Forever Tattoo' so it looks like a parlor. But I don't know how to set up the table to give it a tattoo studio feet other than maybe making it look like the flash is lined up to look like a portfolio of work and then setting up any materials needed to look like a tattoo is being ready to be done.

I also thought I'd get a wide variety of fake tattos, some for kids some for teens or adults to get in on the fun. I also thought about making a few custom ones with our wedding date and our names on them. But I thought if I did those I'd put them on the tables as favors. But I don't really want to have favors since they are lame to me.

Any Idea's about what I should do?

Re: tattoo station for rockabilly wedding

• Options
    mizutamababymizutamababy member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Sorry do you mean real tattoos or fake tattoos?

Obviously no to doing real tattoos during the reception, but a fake tattoo station sounds fun.  Maybe you could have a few designs (1 for kids and 2-3 for adults)  with your name and date under the image.   Then perhaps have a photobooth so people can show them off and take pics with other rockabilly props like a guitar, a pair of big sunglasses, etc.

I don't think you should be administering the tattoos, though.  You both will probably be too busy to man the station and/or it'll cut down on your time to sit back and enjoy the day you've planned.  Perhaps you could have a friend or family member help out if someone is willing.  Or you could just set the tattoos out in a decorated container or in a book like a real parlour with a bowl of water and a washclothand let people do them on their own.

I imagine with some creativity you could make a backdrop with plywood and paint how you'd like the shop to look.
  • Options
    yeah it would be fake tattoos.

And we'd probably set it up so that people could do it themselves. I'm sure my fiance and I will get in on the fake tattoo fun since I have tattoos that I love and he loves tattoos.

I like the idea of the photo booth I hadn't thought of that. I really like your ideas I'll have to see if I can pull that off
  • Options
    I love the idea of a fake tattoo stand at the wedding! I think that it fits with your theme perfectly!
  • Options
    I'm hoping to find a way around how messy it can be.

I'm hoping to have everything work out the way I want it too since I know how to set up a tattoo station from when I used to be a shop manager.
  • Options
    They have those pre-wet sponge bottles for licking envelopes... why not something like that? If you like DIY work, you could even create little labels for the bottles with the wedding stuff on it.

I think it's an AWESOME idea and I can't wait to see pics
    White Knot Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I love this idea! I def think you should do Sailor Jerry posters. Maybe you can customize some designs to have your names, initials, anniversary, etc. and have those as decorations, too? I love the idea of fake tattoos... those are fun for all ages, and there's a lot available on the internet! I think they should go at the little tattoo station, not on tables, though :)

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_offbeat-weddings_tattoo-station-for-rockabilly-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:43453af6-2ee4-412a-99fb-cbb447240911Discussion:1433b27c-79a1-453f-a209-f1f236685ee6Post:42284cbe-b68e-4627-a7cd-fd905cd41bb5">tattoo station for rockabilly wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiance and I are having a rockabilly wedding since we're both very into the styles of the 50's, I love old school pin ups, I've got a love of all things old school tradition tattoos and we met in a tattoo shop I used to work in on my day off for a mutual friends tatto we were thinking of setting up a small 'tattoo shop' at our reception. It would be a table in a corner with tattoos and the tools needed for them. I'd love to do this as an ode to the way my FI and I met and where our relationship began. I'm just wondering how to do this so it isn't just a table with a sheet over it. Does anyone have any cool idea's for me? I'm thinking of printing out Sailor Jerry flash tattoo posters and framming them to decorating the area and maybe making a sign that says 'Clark Forever Tattoo' so it looks like a parlor. But I don't know how to set up the table to give it a tattoo studio feet other than maybe making it look like the flash is lined up to look like a portfolio of work and then setting up any materials needed to look like a tattoo is being ready to be done. I also thought I'd get a wide variety of fake tattos, some for kids some for teens or adults to get in on the fun. I also thought about making a few custom ones with our wedding date and our names on them. But I thought if I did those I'd put them on the tables as favors. But I don't really want to have favors since they are lame to me. Any Idea's about what I should do?
    Posted by LAMuehlen[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards