Tennessee

Memphis Venue Help

I'm having trouble finding an indoor venue where I can have both my ceremony and reception.  Any ideas? 

I have an appiontment set to look at Le Pavillion.  Does anyone know anything about it?  Thanks so much!!

Re: Memphis Venue Help

• edited December 2011
    Did you want to have them in separate places within the location and what is the price range that you are looking for?
    April Siggy Challenge: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'd like to have them in separate places, but I realize that will be hard to find. I'm thinking no more than $3,000 for rental of the space
  • edited December 2011
    I only know of these places that you can have both there but the ceremony will be outdoors and the reception inside....Check out Pink Palace, Ballet Memphis, Chimes and Occasions, and the Botanic Gardens. Since the ceremony will be the shorest part of your celebration you might consider these places. 

I know that Balinese Ballroom has separate places inside but Im not sure of the cost.

If you want a list of places where you can have everything in one room I can help you with that too.

I hoped I helped a little.
    April Siggy Challenge: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    The Balinese Ballroom is definitely under $3000 and the Brooks Museum of Art is about $3300 for the space rental.  You could also get the Zoo and River Terrace for less than $3000.  I've been to all of these places (we picked the Brooks) and they all have space for ceremony and reception.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you!!!
  • edited December 2011
    La Pavillon is nice, but VERY choppy.  Not such a great idea if you like to dance or want to have alcohol.  Club Windward is awesome, Hillwood at Davies Plantation is nice inside but not very attractive outside,
  • edited December 2011

Do you want to be in Memphis proper? There is a B&B called Bonne Terre about 20 minutes outside of the city in Mississippi. They do weddings and catering and also have rooms for you and/or your guests to stay in. There is a chapel for the ceremony and banquet hall for reception. It's really beautiful. I got engaged there...didn't do wedding there because my church was near the U of M and I wanted the reception to be nearby. I hate it when people make me drive a long way for the reception!

I also really like Central Station downtown. What about Minglewood Hall? Do they do weddings? I bet that would be cool if so. It de

• edited December 2011
    We are having ours at Balinese Ballroom... they are amazing so far... and very reasonable.. they can work with any budget... Mike Zupa is the MAN!! We are having our wedding upstairs and our reception down... if you only want to rent one floor they'll even flip the room for you... and the place is beautiful!! Google them to see pics...
    :)
  • jmcbazzjmcbazz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Recommendation: Hunt Phelan on Beale Street.  It's gorgeous, centrally located, no site fee, and, if you'd like, you can rent out the rooms & have the wedding party or out of town guests stay there with you.  That's our site & we're so excited! Good Luck!
  • lmcgee1127lmcgee1127 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Germantown Performing Arts Center
    Racquet Club Memphis
    Woodland HIlls
    Pink Palace
    The Esplanade
    Colonial Country Club
    Jack Robinson Gallery
    River Terrace
    Metro 67 (condos downtown)
    River Park Tunica (beautiful!!!)
  • edited December 2011
    The Cadre Building will do both ceremony and reception. It is GORGEOUS!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards