Missouri

Springfield MO area

I need help ladies. My fiance and I don't have a lot of extra money since the arrival of our son and I want to avoid a courthouse wedding at all costs. I just moved to Missouri from Washington so I have no idea whats around here (Catering, Floral, dress shops). We want to do it for as cheap as possible, without it looking like we threw together a 10 dollar wedding. Do any of you know of venues, catering, floral shops and anything else that isn't ridiculously over priced? Thank you.

Re: Springfield MO area

• WildRumpusWildRumpus member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When are you getting married? Are you oppossed to an outdoor ceremony?
    edited December 2011
    If your good with an outdoor ceremony, check out Jordan Valley park. Here's a link to a gorgeous wedding there:

http://www.turnercreative.net/problog/?p=331

As far as flowers, I've heard good things about Linda's flowers (works out of Pricecutter) and Flowerama on Sunshine is supposed to do a good job for fairly cheap.

Catering-we're using Buckingham's BBQ. Buffett style, 3 kinds of meat, 4 sides...less than $1500 to feed 175 people

Dresses-Davids Bridal, Normans, Ella Weiss (this is where I got my dress), Karls
    edited December 2011
    If you happen to see this, the Metropolitan Bride expo is today from 11-4 at the expo center downtown

http://www.metbride.com/bride-show/13-general/173-springfield-show-info.html
  • edited December 2011
    I am using three fat ladies catering and they charge 7 dollars per hear for catering, they deliver your food for you and they make everything from scratch, its like eating out of my own kitchen.

Also OTTS pasta on charry street will do catering for 3 dollars per head for a pasta, salad and bread. Someone has to pick up the food but I am sure you could get family to do that for you!

We are also using schaffitzels flowers and they do great work and will give you a heck of a deal.
    Married since 5/21/2011
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • edited December 2011
    What size dress are you? And when is the wedding?
  • edited December 2011
    The Flower Merchant is another floral shop that will give a good deal depending on what type of floral arrangements you want. 

You can also rent a lot of your decorations from places like SBBON or Artistry in Bloom
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards