Chit Chat

Two free wedding bands - just pay shipping?

I received a gift card at a bridal show from http://www.jvljewelry.com .  They offer two wedding bands free, you pay $25 shipping on each piece.  Has anyone heard of this or redeemed it?

I know the rule, "If it seems too good to be true, it probably is"  but I'm curious about it anyway.

Re: Two free wedding bands - just pay shipping?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_two-wedding-bands-just-pay-shipping?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:734d2010-ca42-47af-8bae-29c5ba0eae36Post:e9bb5f2c-4b0b-4b96-9086-fba9978c3d01">Two free wedding bands - just pay shipping?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I received a gift card at a bridal show from <a href="http://www.jvljewelry.com" rel="nofollow">http://www.jvljewelry.com</a> .  They offer two wedding bands free, you pay $25 shipping on each piece.  Has anyone heard of this or redeemed it? I know the rule, "If it seems too good to be true, it probably is"  but I'm curious about it anyway.
    Posted by Tiffany6912[/QUOTE]

I smell a scam.
    No, that's not my real name. And FH's name isn't Nun (as in Nun ya bidness) either.
  • Don't waste your time.  In the end, you always get what you pay for.
  • yup i agree with PP's, they probably are that speacial, go pick out something that is for you and your FI
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • probably a scam, wouldn't do it if I were you
  • they are probably aluminum bands - which means your fingers will turn green over time! 

I smell scam nom nom nom!

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • A friend actually received her husbands wedding band for JVL Jewelers. It was a normal ring, didn't turn the skin colors, anything. She also got a replacement band when her hubby lost the first ring fishing. As far as I was aware though, the offer wasn't going on anymore. The website has changed and there's no longer an option for the free rings. If you're able to get them, I would say go for it. If you like the rings then that's a great deal. If not, it's only $25 lost. GL!
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  •  I've heard that tungsten can crack and snap, and that JVL requires you to have another coupon plus the $35 the website says you need to replace the ring, since you didn't pay anything but shipping and handling.  Has anyone has issues with the rings after wearing them?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_two-wedding-bands-just-pay-shipping?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:734d2010-ca42-47af-8bae-29c5ba0eae36Post:c0a68bb6-bab7-44a5-867d-3683c8bcf3dc">Re: Two free wedding bands - just pay shipping?</a>:
    [QUOTE] I've heard that tungsten can crack and snap, and that JVL requires you to have another coupon plus the $35 the website says you need to replace the ring, since you didn't pay anything but shipping and handling.  Has anyone has issues with the rings after wearing them?
    Posted by JDGSAN21[/QUOTE]

This is NOT A SCAM. Just got mine in the mail. They are beautiful tungsten and titanium rings. The ones my fiance and I chose were almost 400$ a piece. Dont waste this !!! Coming from someone who thought it was a scam too, Its definitely not ! Free wedding bands....how cool :)
  • TOTAL SCAM!!!!!!!! You pay $25.00 each for shipping and it is shipped by regular usps mail. You basically pay for these cheap, worthless rings in the shipping charge. Rings are total garbage and I doubt that the are the material listed on the website. We filed a fraud claim with the credit card company after we received the wrong size for a second time and JVL told us to pay for shipping to send this CRAP back. This was a total waste of time in my life that I will never get back. STAY AWAY FROM JVL!!!!
  • I just got mine today. My fiancee ordered it on Friday. I tried mine on and it fits perfectly. I tried the same one one at Kay's Jewelers, the exact same material. Plus, I got another gift card from them where you get TWO FREE RINGS. So I will be passing it on to some of my friends who are getting married.
  • I had purchased our rings with a gift card and while I was on the JVLJewelry website I was going through other items they offered. I saw these really nice chamagne glasses. They were a little high in price. I live chatted with a customer service rep and they offered me a code that took half off the original price. THAT WAS AMAZING. Now we have our champagne glasses and our rings.
  • Absolutlely not a scam!  I got a gift card from them and ordered two really beautiful Titanium rings and I just paid my shipping for both rings so they came out to about $50. Not bad for rings that are 200+. So happy with their services.
  • My rings are beautiful. They were an awesome buy and perfect for our budget. I would recommend them to my friends and fam. jvljewelry.com
  • I had recieved my wedding bands just a couple days ago. They look great and my husband really loves his ring as well. They had such a nice variety for men. jvljewelry.com
  • For mine and my fiancés wedding band we got them with a promo code and all we paid for was the shipping and handling for both of the rings. We are really happy with our rings and to our surprise they are great quality. We thought maybe we were going to get rings that will only last us a couple months if that, but they feel very strong.
  • I can assure you this isnt a scam. All i had to pay was $25.00 for shipping on each of my wedding bands. They are fine wedding bands especially if its what you are using to start off with. We really like ours.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards