Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

non traditional ceremony music

I am having the hardest time picking my ceremony music...post any thoughts please..

Re: non traditional ceremony music

• edited December 2011
    I don't want traditional "wedding music" but I want something soft and sweet to walk down the aisle. I'm looking into an instrumental version of an Andrew Lloyd Webber song (my favorite composer) but have decided against Music of the Night (Phantom of the Opera). The Recessional (sp?) will be Black Eyed Peas - I Got A Feeling. Other than that we're probably going to have 80s-present Rock & Alternative music going. The Reception will also be a mixture of Rock & Alternative.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    How about any of these?

• "At Last" (Etta James)
    • "Only Time" (Enya)
    • "Come Away With Me" (Norah Jones)
    • "Appalachia Waltz" (Yo-Yo Ma, Edgar Meyer, Mark O'Connor)
    • "Unforgettable" (Nat King Cole and Natalie Cole)
    • "It's Only Time" (Magnetic Fields)
    • "The Look of Love" (Dionne Warwick/Burt Bacharach)
    • "The Vow" (Jeremy Lubbock)
    • "Come What May" (Nicole Kidman and Ewan McGregor)
    • "Storybook Love" from the movie "The Princess Bride" (Willy DeVille)
    • "Wedding Processional" (from The Sound of Music) (Richard Rodgers & Oscar Hammerstein)
    • "Can't help falling in love" (Elvis Presley)
    • "What A Wonderful World" (Louis Armstrong)
    • "When I'm Sixty-Four" (The Beatles)

If you're still stuck for ideas then this youtube channel may help, its full of wedding music ideas, tips and advice youtube.com/view_play_list?p=D219D025CD610E57

Jennie x
  • matthendorfmatthendorf member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to walk down the aisle to "Somewhere Over the Rainbow"- other than that I'm thinking Bob Marley -but we are doing a destination wedding!
  • edited December 2011
    I am hoping to walk down the aisle to "Here I Am" by Bryan Adams. The lyrics just say 'wedding' to me.
  • edited December 2011
    I am walking down the aisle to "Love Never Fails" by Brandon Heath. The bridesmaids ar ewalking down to the feather song from the opening scene of Forrest Gump. I still haven't figured out the reccessional but I'm working on it.

Hope this helps ...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PhotobucketPhotobucket June 2012 Siggy Challange - Shoes
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance  is walking down the aisle to a Bring Me the Horizon instrumental and I'm walking to "Your Guardian Angel" by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus. :)
  • cfibelkorncfibelkorn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    All of our prelude music are current songs by The Vitamin String Quartet and I am walking down the aisle to "For Me This Is Heaven" by Jimmy Eat World
  • glam70sglam70s member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm walking to an instrumental version of "Fields of Gold" by Sting. We've hired a flamenco guitarist, so the rest of the ceremony will likely be along those lines.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

My fiance is walking into Love Story Meets Viva La Vida being played on the cello and piano. 

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_non-traditional-ceremony-music-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:87245c08-fc11-4037-af3d-1baf881c61d8Post:300ea997-c89f-45fd-bbaf-10bb5db26e1c">Re: non traditional ceremony music</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiance  is walking down the aisle to a Bring Me the Horizon instrumental and I'm walking to "Your Guardian Angel" by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus. :)
    Posted by scook1105[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>BMTH? That's my kind of wedding. Which song is he walking down to?</div><div>
    </div>
  • tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had some jazz playing before the ceremony, though we didn't do "special" seatings. We only had a MOH and best man; both they and I walked down to an acoustic guitar version of Canon in D. Our recessional was U2's "Beautiful Day"
  • hkgkatehkgkate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are walking down the isle together (as per Swedish tradition) to Ben Folds "The luckiest". Recessional will either be "I'm yours", "walking on Sunshine" or "It must be love" (Madness). In the middle of the ceremony we are having a friend sing "feels like home"
  • WeLoveLilo05WeLoveLilo05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was thinking Bob Marley
    I am also looking into Pixar Instrumental songs from their movies, UP had a nice composition.
    August 2011 May Siggy Challenge~ Honeymoon Photobucket www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    133 image Invited to celebrate Jersey Shore style!
    85 image Will be fist pumpin' on the dance floor!
    11 image Won't be having any fun
    37 image Can't Find their mailbox

• edited December 2011
    I totally struggled with finding the "perfect" song for my wedding, and one that wasn't SO overplayed, so I wrote my own! Here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4V6Md212rw
  • edited December 2011
    Here is our list of songs:

What the bridal party is wallking down to:  Hold You In My Arms by Ray LaMontage
    What I am walking down to: 18th Floor Balcony by Blue October
    What we are exiting to: Two is Better Than One by Boys Like Girls
    What we are entering our reception to: Lay Lady Lay, I forget who it's by
    Cake cutting song: Candy Man by Christina Agulara
    Bouquet toss: Single Ladies by Beyonce
    First dance song: You and I by Jason Mraz and Ingrid Michaelson

Hope this helps!!! I love all our music!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I really want to walk down the aisle to "That's All I Ask of You" from Phantom of the Opera or "Come What May" from Moulin Rouge.  I can't decide.  Maybe I can do both?  One for everyone who walks down the aisle before me and a separate song just for me? They are both such beautiful love songs.

As for the recessional, we're thinking "Sweet Caroline" by Neal Diamond.  We are huge Red Sox fans (they play that song at Fenway Park in the 8th inning), and FI proposed to me at a Red Sox game, so its definitely fitting!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance and I are huge music nerds... as in, we did choir and marching band together, I was a music major in college and am now a music teacher and classical singer. We're going with classical/art music, but not the traditional pieces.

Wedding party processional: "Sleepers Wake" by Bach, arranged by Kempff (piano)
    My processional: Promenade from Pictures at an Exhibition by Mussorgsky (brass quintet and organ)
    Recessional: 4th movement from Beethoven's 5th symphony (brass quintet and organ)

Still working on interlude music...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards