African American Weddings

Catering Deposit Amount ?

For any brides who hired an outside caterer, what amount was required to hold the date ? What percentage of your catering budget did the deposit reflect ? I received  a quote from a Caterer and the deposit seems a bit high to me. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Catering Deposit Amount ?

• I did not do outside catering but for my venue I'm only paying for the food b/c the venue is free b/c of the amount of food we're getting catered from them. My deposit was 20% but I've seen a few catering companies require a 50% deposit when I was looking at other venues that allowed outside catering.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_catering-deposit-amount?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:ab550a9b-aa65-468f-8c16-c7c9e6fdac34Post:14205d6b-ab16-4238-8a9d-969dc481b403">Re: Catering Deposit Amount ?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I did not do outside catering but for my venue I'm only paying for the food b/c the venue is free b/c of the amount of food we're getting catered from them. My deposit was 20% but I've seen a few catering companies <strong>require a 50% deposit when I was looking at other venues that allowed outside catering.</strong>
    Posted by ladycane015[/QUOTE]

<div>This. It ranged from 25%- 50%</div>
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • missqueensmissqueens member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2012

I think the deposit norms may be regional. In New York, all of the  caterers we looked at required a 50% deposit.  You may want to consider also asking this question on your local board to find a consensus for your area.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards