DC

Dance Lessons in or near DC??

My FI thinks we should take dance lessons in preparation for the wedding reception -- and so do I.  My worst nightmare is revolving around in a slow, endless circle during our first dance.  Waaa!

I looked at past posts here on the DC board and noticed ppl have tried Dance Impressions and Dance Factory.  Are there any other suggestions?

Re: Dance Lessons in or near DC??

• edited December 2011
    My dance partner teaches at Dance Factory in Arlington, and I am of course biased in his favor. 

Honestly, though, any studio is going to be fine.  If you're not interested in dancing long-term the main thing you should concern yourself with is your budget.  

Just make sure they don't try to lock you into a long term contract.   (I hear Arthur Murray is bad about this).   
    murrayed
  • cmeyer3946cmeyer3946 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked on craiglist and found someone there.  We really just wanted some spot choreography and we only did 1 lesson and she gave us some good stuff to work on just so it had a little pizzaz.  We didn't want to look like the couple that was counting steps instead of concentrating on each other.  If you don't mind working out of a racketball court in Ballston for a little less money, then I would suggest her.
    jordana.starr@gmail.com 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had a lesson with Marc, of Flying Feet Enterprises.  He was very helpful, and patient with my two left feet.
  • islandblondeislandblonde member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are still looking (and quick about it), LivingSocial is offering $225 worth of dance lessons at DuShor Dance Studios in Bethesda for $49 today.

I know nothing about DuShor, but I know that I'm thinking about signing up my fiance and I. It's a great deal on something I actually would use.

http://livingsocial.com/deals/931-dance-class-package-for-49
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards