Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

More than one Maid/Matron of Honor?

Due to family conflicts on my FI's side, we aren't having an actual wedding party.  My daughter will be the flower girl and my boys will be walking me down the aisle.  However, my best friend is taking the day off to help with the day of stuff and another friend is probably going to as well.  My sister will be there as well as my quasi nanny.  I had decided to make totes for my sister and nanny with "Sister of the Bride" and "Nanny of Honor" on them and am now trying to decide what to put on my friends' totes.  My best friend knows she would have been my matron of honor had things been differently as I would have been at hers two years ago, but she had similar issues so I wanted to put that on her tote. 

The issue lies in the other friend who has always been very jealous of my best friend and has even gone so far as to argue that she should be my best friend instead.  I know there will be an issue when she sees my best friend's tote and my best friend would understand if I put the same thing on my other friend's tote, but I really don't want to put anything other than bridesmaid.  My other friend has a good heart, but she can be selfish and demanding at times and doesn't have any kids and frankly still acts like she's still in high school despite being in her 30s.

So, I guess I'm wondering if I risk the potential drama or if there is some other thing I can put that is higher than a bridesmaid, but lower than matron of honor.  Any thoughts or ideas?

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: More than one Maid/Matron of Honor?

• I dunno if this helps, but I do not have a maid of honor, instead 2 of my bridesmaids are my 'VIB's...very important bridesmaids. Maybe you could put something like that on there? Good luck :)
  • I'm super sorry I stopped reading after your question on the totes.  I wouldn't put anything on the totes, if anything maybe their first name.  Would you carry a tote around that said "Bride" on it 3 years after your wedding?  So by not putting anything (or just their first name) you don't have to worry about your other gal.

FWIW: I am one for totes and I got my BMs totes as well but they didn't have anything on them and I used them to "wrap" their gift in it. 
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
    Fall Wedding Bio
  • I am having a Maid of Honor and a Matron of Honor. I have had two very best friends since the 3rd grade and I just could not pick between them. I think it is ok to have more than one. I agree with PP regarding the tote names. They may not want to carry something around forever that says "bridesmaid" on it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_one-maidmatron-of-honor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:36Discussion:4afa2576-69a3-46af-87c6-9d94b46f2de3Post:ec56d4dd-51c1-4265-a100-2d6d907b7129">More than one Maid/Matron of Honor?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Due to family conflicts on my FI's side, we aren't having an actual wedding party.  My daughter will be the flower girl and my boys will be walking me down the aisle.  However, my best friend is taking the day off to help with the day of stuff and another friend is probably going to as well.  My sister will be there as well as my quasi nanny.  I had decided to make totes for my sister and nanny with "Sister of the Bride" and "Nanny of Honor" on them and am now trying to decide what to put on my friends' totes.  My best friend knows she would have been my matron of honor had things been differently as I would have been at hers two years ago, but she had similar issues so I wanted to put that on her tote.  <strong>The issue lies in the other friend who has always been very jealous of my best friend and has even gone so far as to argue that she should be my best friend instead.</strong>  I know there will be an issue when she sees my best friend's tote and my best friend would understand if I put the same thing on my other friend's tote, but I really don't want to put anything other than bridesmaid.  My other friend has a good heart, but she can be selfish and demanding at times and doesn't have any kids and frankly still acts like she's still in high school despite being in her 30s. So, I guess I'm wondering if I risk the potential drama or if there is some other thing I can put that is higher than a bridesmaid, but lower than matron of honor.  Any thoughts or ideas?
    Posted by xobride[/QUOTE]

Sorry but who does this? This sounds like it's straight out of the playground from 1st grade.

I agree with PPs, just put their names or first initials on the totes.. and please please please don't put "nanny of honor" on one of them.  I swear I could hear nails on a chalk board when I read that.
    I also agree that it's unlikely that someone is going to carry around something that says "bridesmaid" around in public after your wedding.  It's just gonna end up in the back of the closet or in the basement under the stairs with the rest of the stuff your friend doesn't use but doesn't dare throw out.
    . Anniversary aandt image
  • I thought you said you are not having a bridal party? So why are you putting bridal party titles on totes? Just put thier names and be done with it.

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• Wow, Why is everyone who comments in order to "help" on theknot SUCH a BITCH?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards