Kentucky

Venue in western KY

I am having a horrible time trying to find a place for our wedding.  I live in western KY and I feel like I am limited to either paying 1000's of dollars or settling for something that I would not be happy with.  We have our wedding date set, but now we have to find the perfect place.  Any suggestions would be wonderful!

Re: Venue in western KY

• Wrkn925Wrkn925 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're talking about Bowling Green, have you considered the old train station?

Alot of the "group" places (VFW, Knights of Columbus, Jaycees) have buildings they rent.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry that I'm no help.  I'd suggest calling parks or places like that.  You'll find something soon!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, I have decided to just step back for about a week and see what happens.  I am more western than bowling green
  • RosemaryCBRosemaryCB member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Specifically where?  What town? 
  • squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I need to know which town to try to help. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • edited December 2011
    It is outside of Murray
  • RosemaryCBRosemaryCB member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I was in a wedding that took place on the back deck of Kenlake state park--it was gorgeous and I know they didn't spend a ton of money.

I would definitely check out the parks there.  And if you are having a smaller wedding, what about some B&B's?

• Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Rosemary. Definitely check out Kenlake State Park or Barkley Lake State Park. Also Patti's is really nice, but it's up by Grand Rapids. Trigg County just became a wet county but there's hardly a stoplight there, so I'm not sure what would be there in terms of good wedding venues. :)
  • edited December 2011

Thank you everyone for your suggestions, we booked with Lake Barkley resourt! It is beautiful there

• Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay!! :) That's right across the bay from our lake house. It's a beautiful place.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm glad you found somewhere you liked! We live in Kuttawa and we're having the same problem! Wedding venues around here are FEW and FAR BETWEEN (as an understatement!!!) We are going to look at Lake Barkley State Resort Park tomorrow morning and I hope we like it. We've already looked at Kuttawa Harbor House B&B and Wildflowers Farm B&B and they were nice but we really want something thats right on the lake. We also looked at Lost River Cave in Bowling Green and we loved it but they didn't have any Saturdays available in 2011 so that was an unfortunate deal breaker for us. When's your wedding? Ours will be in May or June 2011 depending on what dates the venue we pick has available. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

There is also a place in Aurora you could look at, it is called Cherokee Park, its owned and operated by kenlake, it is really pretty there.  Our date is May 7.  Kenlake resort has a gazebo to rent with large rooms for receptions also.  Western KY has very few venues!  Also check out green turtle bay

• edited December 2011
    We went to Lake Barkley Resort yesterday and loved it! We are going to look at KenLake Resort Monday. The room we are going to rent from Lake Barkley is the one on the side of the lodge with the big deck (there's two exactly like eachother on each side of the lodge). The lady said the room would hold 115 people and we are expecting around 100, but I'm still concerned about having enough space with the tables and dance floor and everything. We looked at the bigger room in the conference center but it doesn't have the deck or the lake view and I REALLY want a lake view :) What room are you having yours in? If we book there we're doing it May 28th.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    It is the one to the left with the big deck.  I loved it there, but we also are only having 60-75 people, so the space will be plenty big when you go to kenlake as about Cheerokee parkm It is right across from kenlake, going towards arora
  • edited December 2011
    We're going there tomorrow, thanks for the tip. Are you doing your ceremony on the deck and then the reception in the room? What's your theme?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    yea, the ceremony on the deck, and reception in the room.  I dont have a theme yet, any suggestions.
  • squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There was a huge thread on Murray area stuff a page back.  I graduated from MSU a few :cough: 8 :cough: years ago. 

DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • edited December 2011
    We booked Lake Barkley Resort! May 28, 2011. Patti helped me with the floor plan and we were able to fit 113 people in the room with a 12x12 dance floor, cake table, and DJ. Everything else (bar, food buffet (if we don't do served), gift table, etc) will be out on the deck. I hope we don't have that many RSVP, I hope it stays under 100. It will be a little tight, well lets say cozy lol, but I'm okay with that especially because we just like it there so much because everyone can stay on site and hang out together that weekend. I booked the room for Fri the 27th too so we could set up that day and do our rehearsal and rehearsal dinner on the deck and not have to worry about doing it Sat morning!

We started out with a love bird theme but I think we're going to go more of the tree theme route. I think I'll be making our centerpieces with Manzinita (sp?) branches. I wanted to send out Tree Seedlings as Save the Dates but I think they are too expensive :( A tree theme works well there since it almost feels like you're in a treehouse! 

We need to keep in touch with ideas and stuff since we have the same place and time of year!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

you should look at winghaven lodge near marion absolutely beautiful. Outdoor reception overlooking a private lake and they are set up to do all inclusive packages food, lodging, entertainment, flowers, the works. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards